ten

They're in Paris now, the city of love and romance and Aurelia's beyond excited, probably the most excited that she's been since they began running down her bucket list.

Harry grins as she excitedly speaks about their planned trip to the Eiffel Tower later in the night. If her words don't say it for her, her expression certainly does.

They sleep in for a good portion of the day, but that's alright because Aurelia would rather be rested and be out in the city at night because the air is cooler and it looks much prettier. She brings Harry to this incredibly fancy restaurant for a late lunch.

It's a little shocking to him because they dressed for a casual day out and they look incredibly out of place in that nice restaurant. After a while the shock fades though because Aurelia realizes that she doesn't really like French food.

She tries her best not to make faces while she finishes her food, but it's hard because she's never had anything like this before and it just doesn't taste right on her tongue. Harry laughs and casually takes forkfuls of her food every now and then to save her taste buds.

He teases her about it for a good portion of the day and she almost pushes him into the river once because he was being cheeky and pinched her backside while they were walking.

They buy some things for dinner from a local marketplace and some things from some cute little shops for souvenirs. Aurelia ends up making Harry get in the river anyway because she wants to take a ride on one of the Gondolas.

"So, was this your plan the whole time? To wine and dine me and charm me until I kiss you on top of the Eiffel tower?"

Aurelia smiles to herself as she leans into Harry and listens to the sounds of the city, "Something along those lines. If I was daring enough, I would wine and dine you again and try to get you in bed with me. But I'm not that bold yet, so that will have to wait until another time."

Harry shakes his head, his smile is leaning towards the left and his dimples are deep in his cheeks, "I'm starting to think that you just like being a tease."

Aurelia grins, "That's true too."

"Does that mean that we're drinking tonight?"

The drinking age is different here and they're both allowed to drink. Aurelia's not entirely sure how she'll act when she drinks, but she does want to try some wine while they're at dinner. Hardcore drinking is out of the question, but drinks are definitely in order.

"Yes it does. Although, I do have to warn you that I've never had a drink before and I'm not sure that I won't be a lightweight because my mother most definitely is and my father isn't."

Harry laughs, "Well, if you are I won't judge you because I certainly am."

Aurelia doesn't believe him and shakes her head, "No way. You are not a lightweight."

Harry bites his cheek and swipes his tongue over his teeth. It's embarrassing to admit, especially because he's not sure if the guy that's moving the boat understands English or not. Aurelia surprised him again earlier by talking to him in French like she'd been living there for her entire life.

"I am. I swear. If you don't believe me, fine. You'll find out the hard way when we start drinking."

Aurelia laughs loudly and Harry's shy smile perks up around the edges. "Tonight looks like it's gonna be good then. Don't worry, I don't plan on ruining your kissing skills before we make it to the Eiffel Tower."

The Gondolier chuckles at this notion and that's how Harry knows that he understands English. He's a little embarrassed, but hey, it is who he is and Aurelia doesn't care so it doesn't matter.