Run

Deus Black POV

After dinner, Peter, Miguel and I go to my office. Miguel sat in the chair in front of my table while Peter sat in my table.

Now that Rose mentioned about maids, it's true that my house feels empty. I wonder if Rose can fill in.

Errr...where that thought came from?

"As I said Deus, I need to be in you side twenty four seven." Miguel broken the silence.

"Why?" I opened my laptop to check my e-mails.

"Because you're the next target of Reysanyk," it's Peter who answered my question. I looked at him studying if he is just joking.

"Why?" Reysanyk Corporation is my number one competitor in Ireland. The rumor said that they have assassins. They killed all their competitors. Now that I entered my business in Ireland, I'm one of their competitors.

"I don't need to answer your question," Peter glared at me.

"So? What's the problem?" This is not the first time I became the target, actually, I'm always the target of every group of hired assassins.

"It's Rose, as long as she's here, she can destruct us. I can protect you and even Peter at the same time but protecting three people at the same time is difficult. I'm telling you my capability." Miguel explained. He has the point there.

I'm about to ask again when we heard the loud scream.

"Miigueeel!!" We all stand up after we heard Rose.

Miguel rushed to open the door. Peter and I followed him.

"There you are! Peter! Deus!" Rose is running towards me. "Deus, are you OK?" She stopped in front of me and touched my chest, when I didn't respond to her question she started to looked around me. "I'm glad you're OK." She sighed.

"What happened to you?" Peter looked amuse.

"I'm about to close my eyes to sleep when I saw the man opened my window," she didn't even pant from the long run, the distance between her room to my office is pretty far. "I thought it's Miguel who's checking me, I thought he just take the shortest way to my room but I saw the man in black walked like a cat going to my door. When I called Miguel, he exited to where he entered."

"This is earlier than what I thought," Miguel looked at me signaling something.

I entered in my office again. I grabbed my phone and laptop. I saw Rose entered. "What's happening?" She asked me like a child who is about to abandon anytime.

Looking at her is a big mistake. I saw the water in her eyes built up. I just shook my head and studied her outfit.

She's wearing hooded jacket and jogging pants. "We are going to run." I told her. I opened my drawer and get my Calibre 45.

"You're not going to leave me behind, right?" Her broken voice snapped me. I tried to ignore her again.

I cocked my gun and tucked it in my back.

"I can promise you that I'm not going to be a burden, just please, please don't leave me behind." Her tears fell to her cheeks.

I sighed. "Alright, you're coming with us," I approached her and wiped her tears with my fingers of my right hand.

She smiled sweetly, "I should start acting, you know?"

"What do you mean?" I asked her with confuse.

"All I want is to protect you, Deus Black." She turned back at me. She's about to reach the door when Miguel peeked in.

"Let's go!" He shouted but when he saw Rose walking towards him he blocked the door. "Don't tell me she's coming with us?"