Long Story Pt. I

"Hey Dad, you said that my eyes is blue but I think it's gray." I said to my father that was typing something in his laptop.

I saw his head lifted to look at me. "Hime-sama, your eyes are the beautiful blue." He smiled at me then returned to his work.

He keep saying my eyes are the beautiful blue, when he said beautiful, I thought it was because my eyes are blue like the summer sky but when I saw my eyes in the mirror inside his study room, I was blue like rainy sky.

"I don't know the meaning of your 'beautiful' word." I said while pouting.

I heard him sighed.

Usually, I just read books from the shelves or write a haiku every time I'm in the study room of my father. Unlike other people, I'm the only one who can enter in his study room while doing his business. I don't like to disturb him so I'm minding my own.

I hate talking to him while his working but I'm curious about my eyes. He always telling me I have beautiful blue eyes so I leave it like that. I never checked my eyes in the mirror because I hate looking in the mirror but now that I saw my eyes, I can't help but ask him.

"Never mind. They said that parents always tell their children they are pretty or handsome because they are their children." I whispered.

"You have the same color as your grandma, my mother." He whispered too.

I looked back at him. He was looking in the monitor of his laptop but he was not typing.

"You really love your mother." I said.

I got my things in his shelves and make myself comfortable under his table.

"Your mother loves you too." He said in his soft voice.

"Her action tells another story." I whispered and opened my notebook.

"Rose." He called me. When I didn't move, his head lowered to look at me. Our eyes met. "What happened?"

He knows. My tears involuntarily fell.

"She kicked me out." I lifted my right arm to show my bruises.

He sighed and shook his head. He goes back in his laptop and the only sound inside the room was his keyboard typing.

I was only five years old that time but my body was already tired because of my mother. She always kicked me saying I'm useless and she produced a weak offspring.

When the monks saw me they taught me how to make my body relaxes so I cannot feel the worse pain. I asked them if there is a way to make my body feel numb but they said that the pain makes the human stronger.

Day after my sixth birthday, my father brought me in Nara Temple. I saw the monks who taught me how to meditate; the temple became my second home.

When I said second home, it really became my second home because after that time, my father left me in the temple.

They supposed to be teaching me how to act like a sophisticated girl but they taught how to fight and my body adjusted in every pain. At the age of seven, I already know how to fight professionally.

When I returned home to celebrate the birthday of my father I already know how to avoid the kick of my mother. I saw how her eyes widen when I avoided her kick.

She's beautiful, with her blonde hair and blue eyes, she look like Barbie. People said that she was one of the kindest people they met when she was still a maiden. Things changed when she married my Dad and got pregnant.

Dad always wants a son and when my mother got pregnant, she prayed to God her offspring is a son. Japanese always prepared a son for their heir unfortunately when the result of ultrasound came, her offspring is a girl. She cried. My father walked out and the accident happened. The nerves in his lower part need an immediate attention and the doctors treated him to save his life not his future life. He can't produce a son anymore. I'm the only child.