Long Story Pt. III

"They called her The Summoner"

Our life seems normal if you look in the simple way. Jessica became my human alarm clock and always nagging me about my school.

Just like now.

"How many time I told you to sleep early so you can wake up early!" Jessica gave me a morning sermon.

I sat in one of the stall and ate the apple in the corner while waiting for the breakfast.

She gave me the plate with fried rice, sunny side up egg and a two piece of hot dogs. A typical breakfast of an Asian.

Jessica told me to eat American foods but I can't help but demand the foods that I grew up. She taught me how to use fork and spoons even the different kind of knife.

It's been five years and she became a mother to me. She helped me how to act or make my face more emotionless. She's an actress but work as a secretary to a certain company. She opened me a different bank account under my name and she never asks.

She has her issue and I have mine. We never bother each other issue although I knew some of her.

After my class my phone vibrated. I checked it.

2100H Alley. 51°37′21″N 0°04′20″E / 51.6225°N 0.07227°E / 51.6225; 0.07227

I tucked back my phone.

I walked from school to our house. I felt comfortable every time I'm walking, maybe it's because I already know my surrounding.

I checked our mail box before I entered in our house. The mail was address to Jessica.

"Tadaima!" I said while putting out my shoes. I'm always saying that I'm home whenever I back. Jessica learned some of Japanese words I'm uttering.

When no one response I assume that Jessica was not yet return.

I put the letter in the center table and I proceeded in my room. I'm about to sit in my study table when I my stomach crumbled. I left my room and ransack our kitchen.

I found the corn flakes and I make my way to the fridge. While I'm eating, I saw the letter I put in the table. The curiosity makes my feet to the center table. I put down the bowl and fetched the letter. The letter came from someone.

With my expertise in opening the letter that can close again without knowing that the letter was once open I removed the seal.

My dearest ex-wife,

If you think you can run away with our little neighbor then think again. I will get you soon.

Lucca

I crumbled the letter and threw it in the fire. I also put the wrapper in the fire when I saw it in the table. If my stare in the fire can produce lava, our fireplace was already in the chaos.

I knew that her former husband was looking for her but I didn't know that he already found our house.

"I'm home!" The cheerful yet tired voice of Jessica makes me looked in my back to see her. "Woah! What makes you angry? If look can kill I'm already dead." Her compliment makes me blink faster to remove my sharp look. She looked in the table and she saw the bowl of corn flakes. "I see, you're hungry and you don't want the taste of the cereal. I'll buy you-"

"Pack your things." I cut her sentence. I fetched my cereal and swallow the milk and the flakes that are now soft as mallows.

"What? Are you throwing me out?!" She exclaimed.