Short Story

Rose Asakura POV

"We need to leave this country, Black." I told him.

Renner is now driving the Cadillac and Wilde sat in passenger seat leaving me and Black in the backseat.

"No, we can't." He answered, his looking outside. He sat in the back of the driver.

"Why? What's the reason Deus?" Wilde asked him instead.

"Because all of my transactions here in Italy are are not yet finish." He annoyingly answered.

"Wilde, please convince him." I gave my attention to Wilde. I know that if there is anyone who can convince him, it's none other than Wilde.

"Enough!" Black shouted. We all looked at him, even Renner looked at the rear mirror to look at him. He looked at me too and it's not friendly.

"Enough what?" Oh, this man can irritate too and I love playing with irritated man. I smiled at him sarcastically.

"Renner, please help me. Please convince your little prince." I sarcastically said to Renner.

I looked at Black who's looking at me carefully. I saw him frown.

"What?" I asked him. All my sarcastic attitude gone.

"Why are you calling us in our surname?" Black asked me, I mean, Deus asked me.

"Ugh! I did it again." I whispered but I know that they heard it. I looked away.

"See?" Deus clapped his hand.

I looked at him again. "What?" It's me who's now irritated.

"Miguel, I can put her tongue to her pocket and now, I can irritate her. Is she really one of the most notorious hired killer?" He said to Miguel like a child who got the special award of their school.

Miguel and Peter laughed.

"I need to contact the Reysanyk, maybe fifteen million dollars are enough to satisfy their want." I said while glaring at Deus.

I saw Peter gulped. "Hey summoner, I mean, Rose, it's just a joke, I mean-"

"I'm just kidding." I didn't let him finished and I smiled at him although I didn't know if my smile can ease "Like what I said, I'm different from other assassins." I looked at Deus. "Gomenasai Deus, in Japan, we are calling each other by surname. But there is an exception, if the person is close to us, maybe our friend or family, we call them in their given name."

Deus sighed. But he keep quiet so I continued. "I'm still a half Japanese, I can't abruptly change the way I speak."

"Ahmm, what is the meaning of the first word?" Peter asked me.

I frowned. "I'm kidding?"

"No, the other one." Deus asked me. So, they are thinking the same word? "The Japanese word you said."

"Sorry? I mean..." I looked up to think. I think I should think before I say the words. "Gomenasai?"

"Yes! That word!" Deus and Peter said. They're like a child.

"Sorry." I rolled my eyes.

"What is the meaning of that word?" I glared at Peter. I can't believe that this man is one of the best doctor in the word.

"The meaning of gomenasai is sorry." I slowly said it. "Do you get it?"

Peter laughed while nodding. I just sighed. I didn't know what's funny.

"Rose, I'm sorry to ask you this, but why are you keep saying that you are not like other assassin while you are killing because you too was hired?" Miguel asked me. His eyes doesn't even looked at me but I know he is observing me.

"It's not just the money." I started again. Maybe this day is the 'explanation day'. "Yeah, maybe I was like that but I changed."

"Really?" Deus asked. "Interesting." He sarcastically said.

I ignored him.

"Someone hired me to kill that person." I started. "I accepted the mission because it's pretty generous. That time, my target is a doctor." I closed my eyes but when my bloody memory flashed I immediately opened my eyes. "I didn't know that the doctor has an assassin. I fought her."

"Her?"Peter interrupted.

"Yes, her." I answered him and I continued. "I almost killed her, I mean, just one blow and she's dead but the doctor came and put his body in the middle of the fight. He begged for mercy, he told me to spare the life of his wife and just kill him because he is my only target in the first place." I stopped and looked outside.

"Did you killed him?" The curious Deus asked me.

I looked at him and I smiled. "I can't believe that an assassin married a man and that assassin also has a child. I also found out that my client want to dispose the doctor because he didn't give the right treatment for the son of my client who was a drug lord."

Miguel looked at me in the rear mirror. "Was?"

"Yes, because I killed him after I found out why he want me to kill the doctor. It seems that his son acted as the living courier, he delivered every expensive drug using his own body. But one time, before he deliver the drug, he caught in a fight and someone punched him in his stomach and the wrapper of the drug ruined and that's the time the story of the doctor came in. The doctor found out about the operation of the drug lord so, he didn't treat the patient. Well," I breathed out. "That's how it look in the eye of the drug lord, he closed his mind in the fact that his son was to late to save because his brain was already affected of the high dosage of the drug he carried. The drug killed him anyway." I looked at Deus who's listening carefully.

"What happen to the doctor? Did you killed him?" That's my Deus, he asked me again. When he focused on one thing, he really want that thing. Maybe his motto is 'never give up'.

"I learned from my mistake, Miguel." I ignored Deus, I want to see what will happen if someone ignore him. Answering Miguel was my escape. "After what happened, I always investigate first before accepting the mission but before that I have three conditions." Miguel looked at me again and I smiled at him. "First, generosity, second, reason and third, entertainment."

I saw him frowned. I didn't wait his question.

"I want them to entertain me with an interesting story." I explained. "If they don't have any, even though they are generous, I hate to accept the mission. So tell me, am I like other assassins?"

Miguel chuckled.

"Hey!" The irritated voice of Deus entered in my ears. "What happen to the doctor? Did you killed him?" He really want to know what happen.

"Deus, he is the first and my only target I turned my back." I gave him my sweetest smile ever but I didn't know if I got him. "No, he is my only target I didn't killed."

---->Picture of very active Peter Wilde :D