Chapter 28: I Know What I Must Do

(Alexa's POV)

I was so stupid for ever talking to Jake. It was the biggest mistake of my life! But the day we met... I fell for his trick.

(Flashback)

I was walking into Westdale Mountain High my senior year. I had just gotten the new car I wanted over my summer break. Mom and dad had actually made it back from Australia to see me on my first day.

I had just walked in threw the front doors. My hair was down I was wearing leggings and my favorite green t-shirt with converse. As soon as I spotted Hannah and Amanda I sprinted over to them.

"Senior Year!!!!" I shouted as I wrapped my arms around their shoulders. We all laughed and just hugged each other. I was so excited. I had a good chance of being our classes valedictorian, I was popular, had great friends, and was amazing at volleyball and was already getting scouted by colleges. My future was all planned out just needed to make it through this year.

Then... I saw him. He walked through the front doors without a car in the world. He had on his black leather jacket with some slightly ripped jeans and a grey t-shirt that showed off his abbs. His brown hair was spiked up in the front and he was taking off his sunglasses. Just then I realized he had seen me drooling over him. All he did was show that pretty smile of his and wink. I couldn't help but blush and then the first hour bell rang.

I didn't see him again till lunch. He was standing behind me in line for pizza.

"Hey... Alexa right?" He said.

"Ya hah. Jake right?" I responded.

"That's me." He said. I smiled and moved up in the line. I turned around noticing he was still staring at me. I got nervous.

"Is something wrong?" I asked blushing from embarrassment. He just chuckled.

"When dis it become a crime to look at a gorgeous girl?" He said making me blush out of control and giggle. "Can I get you number Alexa? I'd really like to get to know you better!" He said taking my hand in his. I just continued to blush and shook my head yes.

We talked for a while and soon started dating. I found out that he took medicine the first time I went to his house. He had severe paranoia. My dumb self started to pity him so I stayed. It was just something about him that made me feel more comfortable than I had ever felt.

(End of Flashback)

God what a mistake that was.

I couldn't stop myself anymore. Holding so much in. What for? To show I was strong? It was only hurting me. Tears flowing out of my eyes like a river. It was endless. Why was this happening? What had I done to deserve this? But I'm not the only one effected this time. All my friends, my new brother, my real love. What have I done? This is all my fault!

"Why?! Why is thus happening? What dis I do to deserve this? And just look! Look what I've caused! Hannah's over there barely alive, my love is on the ground wallowing in pain, and I left my only sibling to suffer for his whole life? Aren't I just so amazing! This is all my fault! I can't believe it, all this shit is because of me! If I hadn't even talked to Jake that first day or even if I hadn't had met y'all-" I said before interrupted.

"Stop! Ok! Please Alexa just stop! This is not your fault ok. This is all Jake and his psycho ass! Alexa if I didn't have you in my life I'd be hurting a lot worse than I am now. Alexa you are my life my everything. I need you!" Niall said. The words stopped my endless river of tears. Niall has never said that to me before. I just stared at him.

"Alexa everything's gonna be ok. I promise. I know I haven't been in your life since now, but I want that to change. I want to really meet my little sister. I don't want to be away anymore" Hunter said. Though I never took my eyes off Niall I could tell he was really hurting. I heard Hannah moan from the table. Hunter then went back to making sure she was ok. Niall just stared at my with his beautiful eyes. Looking in them helped me to realize and see. All the pain was evident in everyone. I now know what I must do.

(Amanda's POV)

Everyone was in edge. Harry hadn't let me out if his sight ever since we found the note. I had just recently excused myself to go to the restroom. Convincing Harry to let me go was the hardest thing ever. I just need to get away. A break to just splash some water on my face. I was trying to be strong for Harry but I don't know how much longer I could hold out.

(Alexa's Parent's POV)

"Alexa sweetie! We're back! It's the first Sunday of the month! Where are you bunny?" I shouted. (Carrie- Alexa's mom)

"Hun she's probably out with friends. It'll be ok. She'll be home.soon enough." I said (Peter- Alexa's dad)

Just then we heard a noise outside.

"What was that?" Carrie asked.

"Probably just the cat. Relax!" Peter said plopping down into his recliner.

Just then the house alarm went off, alerting that someone had broken one of the back windows. Peter shot up and stood in front of Carrie.

"What's going on?" Carrie asked.