Daddy Issues

"Hey," a new voice said to me. "What's wrong with you?"

        I looked up from my position and saw a boy no older then twelve. He had messy black hair and bright green eyes. His body was remarkably fit for his age, and he held himself with a certain pride that made me feel edgy. The expression on his face told me that felt superior to me and his hands on his hips told me that he only wanted to know because he was nosey. He was wearing a plain t-shirt and plain jeans, but they were neatly pressed and were clearly ironed. I recognized the label on the button of his jeans as a high company that was rather expensive. This wasn't an average kid. Money, arrogance, fitness, youth. The trio of rich, yet dangerous young kid.

        "Damien," I said with a sigh. "Great. Just ducky. As if I didn't have enough surprises for one freaking day. Where's Thalia?"

        His reaction was fantastic!

        "How do you know who I am?!" he demanded and got into a defensive position.

        "Relax, kid," I said and held up my hands. "Where's your mom?"

        "Damien!"

        Speak of the devil...

        "Blue Jay?" she asked in surprise when she saw me. "What're YOU doing here?"

        "I could ask you the same thing," I replied and stood up. "Cat out of the bag?"

        She shook her head. "Not yet. I haven't told him yet. We were on our way to go and break the news. The island was taken over...and..."

        The sadness that spread across her face told me the exact reason why she was here now. Her father, Ra's Al Ghul, was dead. I walked over to her and gave her a hug. "I'm sorry. Selina...she's dead too."

        "What?" she asked in shock. "Se-Selina? But how!?"

        "Joker," I replied and closed my eyes. "I went to go and get revenge, but then I got shot, then I tried again, but the old Dark Knight was there to prevent me from sticking a knife in his eye."

        "Excuse me!" Damien said. "I'm still here! What is everyone talking about? Who is Selina, who's Blue Jay?"

        I rolled my eyes. "You're an annoying little-! Ugh. I'm an old friend, and so was Selina. Your mother and I met two years ago after I saved her life on accident. Well, that was back when I didn't give two shits about the law. Now, I've been refined by Nightwing. Yay me."

        Thalia smirked. "Well, would you happen to know where the famous Dark Night is?"

        I nodded. "If I'm not mistaken, he should be at the Bat Cave filling out a police report for the newly captured Joker. I'm simply hoping that he'll leave me out of it. No one would truly question why every guy with him was knocked out, right? Only, there aren't any Bat-Toys around, so, I might be slightly screwed. Want me to give him a call?"

        Thalia shook her head. "I think it's best if I break the news to him without him knowing that you were involved. By the way, why do you loom so...pale?"

        I pressed my lips together. "It's...a complicated story. I might tell you later. Thanks, for considering my well being in wether you decide to tell Batman or not. Also, I think whatever happened to you might have something to do with The Brain. Just thought I'd give you a piece of my mind on that little subject."

        She sighed. "Well, alright. Thank you for the info. I'll keep my eyes peeled. For now, it's off to go meet his father..."

        Wow. What are the chances of THAT happening? Looks like I'm not the only one having famous Daddy issues.