Speechless - 3

My aunt was dropping me off to my new highschool "Drama High," she sang along to the song that was playing on the radio as I stared at the houses and stores we were driving by.

Nothing had changed since I moved back except for the new fast food restaurant that was near my house, "Burger Palace," my aunt turned the radio off and started talking to me, "Courtney, hope you have a nice day at school and make sure to make plenty of friends," she said eyeing me in the rear view mirror. I rolled my eyes.

We arrived at the school and she took me to the main office, she had to sign some registration papers, "Hello there cutie, how are you this morning?" A receptionist asked me. I stared at her in silence,  I wasn't being rude I was just ignoring everything she was saying to me. When my aunt was done she asked me if I wanted to join any school activities, meaning sports.

I shook my head at her, 'No,' my new way of communicating. On our way out of the main office I heard the receptionist say a snarky remark to me not talking to her, "What a rude little brat." To be honest I thought old people would have a little bit more respect, but I didn't respond to her greeting so I understood why she snapped at me, but even so, I rolled my eyes, "What a rude little hag, I thought to myself." When my aunt handed me my school schedule, I hugged her and went to my first class, Social studies with Mrs.Smith, I hate Social Studies.

I entered the class and was greeted by the teacher and my new principal, McClain.. who looked as if he had been crying for weeks if I may say. I walked to an empty seat, sadly in the back of the class, and took out my notebook and pencil to write down the notes the teacher was giving the class.
...

After class was over everybody left except for a group of kids, probably troublemakers. I attempted to walk out when two girls came up to me, I stared blankly at them and tried to walk past, but they wouldn't budge. I softly shoved them out of my way, making a path for me to walk. "Wait Courtney, it's us, Gwen and Bridgette!" they shouted before I left the door. I turned to see two girls from my middle school days walking up to me, hugging me, and continuing talking to me. I guess they forget that I wasn't much of a conversationalist.

"You're still not talking?" Gwen asked staring at me. "Wow Courtney you're still so short, but you got prettier," Bridgette said. They then grabbed my hand and motioned me to their little group of friends, I anxiously walked behind them, unwillingly actually.

I was introduced to a boy in a pink buttoned down shirt that wasn't buttoned up, and blue cargo shorts, his name was Geoff. A boy in a green shirt and blue jeans, who has long hair and held a guitar, his name was Trent. I saw a boy with piercings and a black tinted up hair, with deep ocean eyes, which looked awfully familiar. I already made contact with him earlier when I first walked into class, but now, he was sitting in the chair with his feet up on the table, his name was Duncan and he was asleep. Geoff, I assumed, kept asking me why I didn't talk. Actually, him and Trent both kept asking me why I didn't like to talk to people. I was a little anxious, extremely unsure of how to answer them.

"She does talk, she just doesn't talk to people she sees know point talking to." Bridgette answered causing me to roll my eyes. That wasn't it at all. I walked out of their little conversation and headed out of the door. Taking myself to my next class. I walked through the loud hallways and noticed one thing in particular about this school, everyone was weirdly attached to someone else. A blonde and a brunette were swallowing each other at the lockers. A boy in a red sweater was drooling over a girl who was unmistakably Korean.

As I was fixated on the people in my surrounding, i accidentally bumped into one. A girl with long black hair and a purple crop-top.

I tried to walk away from her but she kept on going in front of me, then started talking to me like I was nothing. "Oh shit Courtney?" She asked as I huffed. She faked a smile and looked me up and down before continuing, "How've you been girl?" For someone who hated me our whole childhood, she sure was talkative.

"Oh wow don't tell me you're still not talking," she continued now harassing me. I wanted to leave I really did, but the girl kept walking in front of me and talking like I was some assistant. "Oh well I wouldn't talk either if my mom killed herself just to get away from me." she said laughing.

I knew it was Heather, she tripped me on after her little shade. As she was walking away I tapped her on her boney shoulder, "What the hell do you-" I always preferred less social interactions with people, unfortunately for Heather this one involved a heavy punch to her jaw. She flew on the floor and stared at me, I just walked away.

I wish I could call her a bitch, but what good would opening my mouth do? I noticed people staring at me as if I was crazy for punching that thing, but even so, they looked more afraid of me than they did of her. I didn't care tho, about that or any misperception of me. But I'd never let a bitch just reference my mother, especially since I can't.