Part 8

*Andre in the pic*

Part 8

Coachella

I was nervous as shit getting off the plane. We rode commercial then had to take another plane to get to Coachella. I haven't seen or spoken to my mother. I'm actually afraid to. We got to the hotel and my parents got us a two rooms. It was me, Rachel, Brittany,Raven and Amber. Juan, Dre, Spencer, Damien and Devon will be in another room.

I laid my backpack down on the couch.

"You scared?" Rachel asked.

"What? Hell no." I said.

There was a knock on the door and I almost shit myself. Rachel laughed and went to the door. Look who it is. My mom and Ciera.

"Hey girls." My mom said giving out hugs.

I stayed back.

"Just wanted to make sure y'all got settled." She said and then looked at me. "I gotta talk to you."

I nodded and quietly followed her while Ciera stayed with Rachel. We walked and rode the elevator in silence. We got to my parents suite and got damn. This shit is huge. You would think I was used to this by now but I don't think I ever will.

We sat down and really didn't say anything.

"Why did you lie to me?" She asked.

"I didn't-"

"Okay, why didn't you tell me?" She asked.

I shrugged.

"I didn't wanna disappoint you."

"Why would I be disappointed? If you wanted to change your major I would've been fine with that." She said.

I just sat there.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you it was just a lot going on. I never meant to lie about it it's just dance isn't my passion anymore. My heart doesn't feel anything when I dance anymore. I mean it's fun just not my passion." I said.

"And I accept that." She said. "What can I do to make you more comfortable with talking to me?"

"Ma, it's not you. I promise. I mean sometimes I don't know how you'll react but I tell you everything." I said.

She nodded.

"Just please stop keeping things from me." She said.

"You got my word." I said smiling.

I felt my phone vibrate and it was FaceTime and had Andre's name lighting up.

Do y'all remember Andre? No? Alright finally I got some time to explain. He was around four when I met him at one of RayNel's Back To School Drives. He was so sweet and cute and he just wanted a Batman backpack. I made sure to stay in contact with him and his mom, she's another damn story though.

"Hey boo." I said smiling.

"Hey Nelly." He said sadly.