Part 40

Part 40

Chanel's POV

Conversations in my head about some head, you got some commentary for a nigga?
I ain't tryna be too forward with ya, lookin' forward to ya
Tryna split a couple kids, maybe mortgage with ya
Do it all to get ya
So just lemme know

I was watching the video of Vince's new video for "Lemme Know" which I was asked to be featured. I decided to do the video because well Vince asked but also now I'm newly twenty-two and I wanted the world to see me differently. I've never done a video before but I've always been portrayed as the tomboy which I am but I wanted to switch it up a bit. Like yeah I'm a tomboy but trust I got a sick body under these sweats. I show some skin in the video but it was all tastefully done.

"Do you like it?" Vince asked when it was over.

"Yeah." I said over the phone.

I was in the Bay Area for Super Bowl this weekend while Vince was in LA.

"You don't think I'm showing too much do you?" I asked.

"I personally want you in a turtle neck but you look damn good." He said. "Imma have to load up if niggas start coming sideways."

I laughed because I knew he was joking but he was serious too.

"You have nothing to worry about." I said.

"I know." He said.

After talking to him for a few I went back into the rehearsal space. I walked in and sat down and watched my mom and her dancers practice. I swear this performance gonna change everything.

They took a break and my mom came to sit by me.

"What's up? Where'd you go?" She asked after drinking some water.

"Here." I said passing her my phone and headphones.

She put them in and I let her watch the video. She was watching but not really reacting and that started to worry me. When it was over she looked at me.

"What did you think?" I asked.

She straight faced me but then broke into a smile.

"It was good baby." She said. "It was very tasteful. The bathing suit was cute."

"Thanks." I said shyly.

"Why you acting like that?" She asked.

"I mean I've never really showed that much skin so you know." I said shrugging.

"You looked beautiful." She said. "What did Vince say?"

I started smiling.

"I'm assuming he thinks you look beautiful too." She said and I nodded. "Alright then. How do you think you look?"

"Great, beautiful. I worked for them abs." I said laughing.

"Alright then, that's all that matters." She said and kissed my cheek.

"You know this theme gonna shake up somethings." I said.

"So be it." She said and shrugged.

"I love it though." I said smiling.

"You know my choreography don't you?"

"Imma be on the sidelines." I said smiling. "Watch they catch me on Access Hollywood."

"Yeah, whatever." She said mushing my head. "We'll see."

A Few Hours Later

I sat at the piano at some house my parents rented out. We were staying with my grandma and Mr. Richard and them so you know this place big. I started dabbling on the keys.