Part 35

Part 35

Chanel's POV

I went walking in the kitchen as my mother called me. Andre was sitting at the island crying. I just finished my class and my mom was calling me when I just stepped in the door.

"What happened?" I asked looking between the both of them.

My mom tossed something on the counter. It was a make up bag I had. Hint hint, I don't wear make up.

"Who's is that?" I asked playing dumb.

"Why don't you tell me? Your son was playing with it." She said.

Fuck. I thought I hid that real good.

"He was also about to eat a brownie you had in it." She said eyeing me.

Oh my god.

"Andre, go upstairs and stop crying. I didn't even pop you that bad." She said.

Andre wiped his face and got up and went upstairs. As soon as we knew he was upstairs my mother started chewing my ass out.

"Are you fucking stupid? You left that in your room knowing he could get to it." She said.

"I hid it." I said.

"Apparently not good enough and what's all this doing in my house any fucking way?" She said as she started going through the bag.

She pulled out my grinder, a few lighters, my edible, and some papers.

"Oh, no blunts?" She said.

"They'd get stale if I keep them too long." I said and she got up quick as shit. I walked around the opposite way of the island.

"You listen and you listen good. Get this shit out my house. If you bring drugs back into my home you're out. If I catch you doing anything in the house and you're out. Do you hear what I'm saying? Do you hear me Chanel Nicole Carter?"

"Yes." I said nodding.

"Do you know what could have happened if he ate that?" She said. "You would've just lost your fucking child Chanel! The hell were you thinking?!"

"I wasn't, it was a mistake." I said.

"Get that shit out of my house now." She said pointing at me and then she went upstairs.

I made sure she was fully upstairs before I moved. I went to throw away the bag outside and then sat on our front steps. I think I've made the biggest mistake of my life. I could've lost Andre if something were to happen to him. I called Vince while I stayed on the steps. A half an hour later he rolled up. He got out his car and came over to me and sat down.

"What happened?" He asked after he kissed my cheek.

I told him everything.

"I'm not about to chew your ass out cause I know you already feeling bad enough." He said.

"I feel terrible. If my mom didn't catch him he would've ate it." I said.

He just looked at me.

"You know I would never push you to do anything but I told you to just quit."

"I did quit smoking for real. I usually just eat a piece of an edible and I'm good."

"Still babe, you can't put yourself in those situations. You love Andre, you don't want no one to take him right?"

"Yes."

"Okay then. Make smarter decisions. You not dumb cause if you were I wouldn't love your ass as much as I do."