Part 13

*Pic of Rachel & her mom back in the day*

Part 13

Chanel's POV

"Good morning, good morning." The radio announcer said.

"Good morning." Damien and I said.

Andre was sitting in my lap dead sleep. My mom told me and Damien some radio station wanted to interview us so we agreed to go.

"So now, we know your mom is always with y'all at interviews." The radio person said.

Damien laughed.

"Nah, she not here." He said laughing. "She letting us be grown ups today."

"This is actually gonna sound crazy but this morning we couldn't even find her." I said laughing.

"Wait, what?" He said.

"Yeah, we woke up and I'm like Damien where's mommy? He's like I don't know so yeah." I said.

"Man, y'all know where she is." He said laughing.

"We haven't even text her to find out where she at yet." Damien said.

"You think she could be at your dads show in New York tonight?"

"Until you just said something I totally forgot about that so she could be out in New York I don't know." I said shrugging. "That show is gonna be crazy though."

"Yeah, I saw it last night."

"Oh you got tidal? That's what's up."

"Anyway, this interview is about you two. Chanel, you released two cover songs a couple weeks ago. They were great by the way but why?"

"Thank you but I released them because of the good folks on the blogs and some radio stations. You know they had a lot to say when Christian and I broke up and a lot of speculation but now it's over. Bittersweet was how I felt after it happened then months rolled by and Christian and I talked and closed that chapter of our lives and he's still one of my best friends."

"So this was for the media?"

"In a way it was for everyone who had questions." I said. "I mean just because my parents are famous doesn't mean I don't get my heart broke and stuff."

"Well you guys are basically celebrities in your own right." He said. "You and Rachel with your foundation and Damien, you're going to the draft."

"Yeah I am." Damien said smiling.

"Any specific team?"

"No, I just wanna play. I don't care where I go."

"Mom's not pressuring you to stay on the west coast?"

"No, no. I mean, she's gonna come wherever I play so it don't even matter." Damien said laughing.

"So, I got some fan questions. Are y'all up for it?"

"Of course." I said.

"Okay, this is for Damien. They wanna know how are you going to balance being a pro athlete and a relationship with your girl?"

"Well we've had tons of practice. We've been at two different colleges and made it work. I don't see this as being any different." Damien said.