Part 45

*Ms.Tina & Chanel, Rachel, Damien*

Rachel's POV

I'm packing a backpack to go Cali and then Houston. This going back and forth is not the business and I can't wait till I'm only gonna be on one coast. I heard my phone ring so I answered it.

"What up Domo?" I said as I answered. "What's good with you?"

"Aye." He said lowly. "Terrell got popped."

"What?" I said leaning on my bed. "You lying."

"Nah." He said. "Remember where you got hit the first time? It was right over there."

I sighed and leaned on my bed.

"You serious right now?" I said.

He stayed quiet.

"Yeah, it's rough right now." He said.

"Aight, Imma be out that way in like an hour aight." I said.

"Yeah."

He hung up and I just sat on my bed. I can't believe this shit. Terrell's house was where I stayed at before my mom passed away. I know I wasn't doing anything positive over there with Domo but still they had my back when I was going through it and now my guy's dead.

Two Hours Later

I pulled up to the old neighborhood after getting off the phone with Chanel and Damien. I told them what happened and they were shocked. We all use to hang together in middle school but then Chanel and Damien moved to New York and I went to Duke out in DC  we all separated a bit.

I walked up to the porch and Domo stood up. He hugged me.

"What up girl, you big time now." He said.

I started laughing.

"T always knew you'd do something with that music shit." He said.

I smiled and looked at the porch. It was weird not seeing Terrell sitting there asking did I wanna play the game or go to the store. Just looking around the neighborhood I knew nothing would ever be the same.

"Come on, let's go see Ms. Jackie." Domo said and we went in the house.

We went in and spoke to his mom. She was happy to see me and explained to me what happened. Basically wrong place at the wrong time. I most certainly know about that it just so happens God spared my life but not Terrells.

After I left Ms. Jackie and Domo I went towards my old house. I just parked for and minuet and took a deep breath before I got out my car. I went to the porch and just sat down. I just took a deep breath and went down memory lane.

Running up and down the street during the summer, skipping school, riding bikes, hitting up the candy lady. My whole life was here and now I feel like I don't even have a purpose here anymore.

My brother in Atlanta, Dad in New York and traveling, all my other family in Jersey so what ties do I have here? It seems nothing good comes out of me being here all I have is memories and that's it.

After a few minutes I finally got up and looked at my old house one more time before I got in my car and drove back to Virginia.

The Next Day

Chanel's POV

I was sitting in Blue's room packing her bag. I had already finished Andre's. Today we were going to Houston to see my mom's show tomorrow. We haven't seen her in almost two weeks. So far so good with me keep Andre and Blue. My grandma helps out but I mostly have everything covered plus she's here mainly for Damien.