Part 37

Tribeca, New York

Beyoncé's POV

I walked in the house with Andre. I had Chanel and Rachel stay in New York while I tied some things up in New Orleans. Andre wanted to be with his mommy so Chanel asked me to bring him.

We walked in the living room where I noticed the beats pill and turned off the music playing from it.

"Mommy!" Andre yelled.

I don't know where they are. We walked towards the in home studio and I heard nothing but bass. We walked in and Rachel was working. I looked over at the couch and Chanel was asleep on the couch with a book over her face.

"Mommy!" Andre yelled and ran over to her.

Rachel turned the music down and rubbed her face.

"How's it going?" I asked.

She nodded.

"How long have y'all been in here?"

"When did you leave?" She asked.

"Y'all been in here for a week?" She asked.

"I mean we've been eating and showering but yeah we haven't been outside." She said.

I smacked my teeth and looked at Andre waking up Chanel.

"Mommy! Wake up!" He said and opened her eyelid.

"I'm up." She said grabbing him but not opening her eyes. She kissed his cheek. "Hi ma."

I shook my head.

"Y'all get ready cause we not staying in this house. Y'all need fresh air and a salad." I said looking at the pizza boxes.

"Oh, where we going?"

"Out of here." I said and left out.

Honestly I don't know where I'm about to take them. Probably lunch and then we'll figure out something. I can't believe they've been cooped up in that damn studio for seven days though, that's not healthy. I get it, I love the studio but they gotta balance.

***

After they got ready we went to lunch at the Four Seasons.

"So when you gonna let us hear what you been working on?" Chanel asked me.

I sighed.

"Working on what?" Rachel asked.

"What you think she been doing down in New Orleans?"

"I don't know, I thought she wanted different scenery or something."

"She took kids out of school for a change of scenery?" Chanel asked.

"I'm not a millionaire yet. I don't know how they think." Rachel argued.

"Look, both of you hush." I said. "I'll play you something soon."

"We gonna like it?" Chanel asked.

"Yep." Andre said smiling.

"What do I do that you don't like?" I asked.

Chanel sipped her drink.

"Really? What album didn't you like?" I asked.

"Uhm, I Am... is probably on the bottom of my list." Chanel said.

"Oh, mine too." Rachel said and looked at me. "I mean it was good but with your catalogue of work it's at the bottom for me."

"What did you not like about it?" I asked.