Part 38

Ciera's POV

"My daddy Alabama, Momma Louisiana
You mix that negro with that Creole make a Texas bama
I like my baby heir with baby hair and afros
I like my negro nose with Jackson Five nostrils." Blasted through the speakers of the studio.

My mom was practicing with her dancers for Super Bowl. They went on break and I was basically left in this big space with mirrors all alone. I haven't danced for almost three weeks and it's killing me. I know what I did was wrong but I just wanted to have fun.

Of course I learned all the choreography while watching them and I was just waiting for my chance. I did the whole routine without a mistake or I didn't catch it myself. I heard a clap and looked back after catching my breath. It was my mom.

She walked over to me and I just prepared for the worst. She sat down and patted the spot next her. I sat down. I looked at her.

"Ma, I know I'm not supposed to dance but I couldn't help it. So you can punish me longer or whatever." I said.

"Ciera, I knew you were gonna dance. I left you in the studio by yourself, I'm not stupid." She said.

I sighed.

"I'm sorry ma for everything. Going out without telling you and getting daddy to get me a phone." I said. "I'm sorry."

"I know." She said. "I get it. You're fourteen but just because I get it doesn't mean I'm going to allow you to behave anyway you feel."

I nodded understanding what she was saying.

"Am I still punished though?" I asked.

She looked at me for a minuet.

"No."

"Oh, thank you, thank you." I said hugging her.

She laughed.

"Thank you." I said.

"You know Brian posted the routine y'all did in his class." She said.

"The one to the Tori Kelly song?" I asked and she nodded. "Did you like it?"

"I did very much. You're getting so good. I'm very proud of you."

That always made me feel good, when I know I'm making my parents proud.

"Alright, come on. Let's go to lunch." She said standing up.

"What about the practice?" I asked.

"We'll be back, come on." She said and I stood up.

We went to lunch and then shopping. The is the best getting off punishment day ever.

"Here, take this and try it on." She said handing me some clothes.

"Do I have to? I know what size I wear and I don't feel like trying it on." I said sipping my smoothie.

"Okay." She said.

"Mommy." I said and she looked at me. "Does any of this affect you?"

We looked around and the store was shut down, Julius was by the door, and people were post up outside. She looked at me.

"No." She said. "You had fun today?"

I nodded because I did. She basically ditched her rehearsal to spend time with me.

"Okay, then all this is worth it." She said. "Pick out whatever else. I gotta go get DJ."

"Okay." I nodded.