Part 39

New York, New York

Chanel's POV

"Uhm...smokin out, throwin up, keepin lean up in my cup
All my car got leather and wood, in my hood we call it buck
Everybody wanna ball, holla at broads at the mall
If he up, watch him fall, nigga I can't fuck witch'all
If I wasn't rappin baby, I would still be ridin Mercedes..." I rapped during practice.

Roc Nation decided to turn our signing party into a listening type party. So basically Imma do some covers and then one or two of the songs Rachel and I created on our own.

So right now I'm finishing up Pimp C's verse to Big Pimpin' that transitions into a song I wrote with Ingrid, she an artist on Parkwood, plus she my auntie Solange Bestfriend. It's got the H-Town feel I need to end the set. I basically take you on a journey of where I'm from with each cover and song. I give you some DMV, New York, and then to H-town. Rachel and I agreed on what to sing and how we wanted everything to go. Plus I wanted to pick songs that really showed my vocal range.

"No." My mom said.

I sighed a bit. She legit walked in the room ten minutes ago and got something to say.

"Play the piano." She said.

"Huh?"

"I want you to play the piano to that. I want people to know what you can do." She said. "Rachel, can you play drums to when y'all do Big Pimpin'"

"Yeah." Rachel said nodding.

"Good, I want you to do that." She said. "I want y'all to show them what you're capable of."

I nodded, she had a good point. We finished practicing like that. After about two hours we had a radio interview.

"I'll see y'all at the shoot okay?" My mom said and we nodded and got in separate trucks.

We went to Power 105.1 to go see Angie Martinez. Rachel was knocked out. I took a pic of her and put it on Snap. When we pulled up to the building I woke her up.

"Aye, aye." I said shaking her.

"Huh?"

"Come on, get the crust out your eyes." I said and we got out the truck.

She yawned as we got out. We walked through paparazzi. Ever since our press release came out they been following us even more. We went upstairs to see Angie. We were early so we had some time.

Angie met us in the lobby and told us to come with her. We went in a room and she sat us down.

"It's been a crazy six months for y'all." She said and we nodded. "You know I gotta talk about it."

I knew she was referring to Rachel's situation.

"Yeah, I know." Rachel said. "That's why we came to see you. I knew nothing would get twisted with you."

"And you right mama but you know I'm gonna asks questions and you already know how I felt about the situation." She said and Rachel nodded.

"Okay, we all good?" She asked us and we nodded. "Okay, let's go."

Shawn's POV

I was at my desk signing off on some stuff. One being this listening party for the girls. I thought it would be the perfect opportunity for everyone to see more of their talent. I didn't sign them because of family relations it's because their talented and the future. They moved on Internet alone. No radio just Soundcloud. They're one of the top artist on Soundcloud and had no deal so what did I do? Gave them a deal. Plus they both graduate in May, they need jobs. Why not do what you love and get paid for it?