Chapter 14

Credit due to the original writer

_________

Chapter 14

**

I and Niall stood in the living room outlooking our work. It was only starting to darken outside. 

“Pretty good”, I mumbled. 

“I reckon so, yes”. We smiled at each other when Lou and Eleanor walked in. They were both dressed up nicely and looked incredible together. Louis was wearing his white and blue striped shirt and red pants. Eleanor looked amazing in a short black dress and high heels. 

“You two better get ready!”, she smiled at us. I and Niall were still wearing our sweatpants. I gave her an apologetic smile. Niall nodded and left the room, I was about to follow when Eleanor grabbed my arm. “May I do your hair?”, she asked. I bit my lip, but thought why not. 

“Sure, I’m all yours”. She grinned widely and brought me up to her room. She placed me in a chair and started plugging in a curling-iron. I sat there, crossing my legs. 

“So you’ve known Niall for quite some time, huh?”, she asked me. 

“Yeah, I started in his class when I was 8”. 

“But how come you be so much younger than him?”. 

“I was moved up a few grades”, I mumbled. 

“Oh, I see. Well, he talks a lot about you”.

“I talk a lot about him too, back home. We all do”. 

“And now you’re studying here?”. 

“Yes, film”. 

“That so cool, you must show me once if you make one”. 

“I will”. I liked Eleanor already. We talked for a while, as she worked on my hair. There was no mirror, so I couldn’t see myself. “You know”, I said after a while. “I’ve never done this before. Getting ready like this”. She chuckled. 

“Well, just think of me as your big sister”. I chuckled. “I’m done now!”, she suddenly exclaimed. 

“May I see it?”. 

“First, let me know what you’re wearing”. I looked to the floor and blushed. The truth was, I didn’t really have any dresses. 

“I don’t really have a dress or anything, so I though maybe about just wearing jeans”. She shook her head and went over to her suitcase. 

“Here”, she said and handed me a blue dress. “I think it will fit you”. I bobbed my head at her, and she pushed me into her bathroom. I slid the dress over my shoulders and then came back out. It fitted nicely. It was dark blue, and quite tight around the waist, but not uncomfortable. The flowy fabric ended just above my knees, and kind of swung from side to side when I walked.

“Thanks”, I smiled at her. 

“You. Look. Amazing!”. I laughed and told her the same. “Please let me do your makeup!”, she begged me. I shrugged, and sat back down in the chair. Her fingers worked quickly over my face, and I let her work in silence. “Done!”, she announced after a few minutes. I still hadn’t seen myself. 

“Can I take a look now?”, I asked her. She nodded and let me turn around to her closet where a full length mirror was placed. I swirled and stared at the girl who met me. Her blue dress looked as if it was made just for her, her eyes sparkled and almost looked blue. Her blonde hair was slightly waved, and placed itself softly over her shoulders. She looked tall and slim, and could almost be compared to Eleanor’s beauty. I walked closer realizing it was my own reflection. I put my hands to my face. She’d framed my eyes with a light eyeshadow, and my lashes looked darker than ever. My cheeks were blushed slightly with a rosy red and my lips looked soft. I smiled puzzled at my self. 

“Someone is going to break a lot of hearts tonight”, Eleanor chuckled from behind me. I turned to her. 

“You’re pretty good at this stuff!”, I said and gave her a hug. 

“Just say it, you look hot”. I laughed loudly and shook my head. 

“Thanks”, I said silently. She smiled and kissed my cheek. 

“I’ll be right down, I just have to quickly fix my hair”. I nodded and left her behind as I walked out and down the stairs to the others. Zayn, Liam and Harry were chatting in the kitchen when I walked in. They all turned and looked and stared at something behind me. I turned and tried to see what they were looking at. 

“What’s wrong?”, I asked them.

“We’re looking at you silly!”, Harry exclaimed. I blushed, not used to so many people looking at me at the same time. I quickly shifted my eyes to the floor when I felt a hand on my cheek. 

“Wow, look at you”, Liam’s warm eyes met mine. “Baby’s going to melt a lot of hearts tonight”. I rolled my eyes at him. 

“You look amazing”, Zayn said and swirled me around. 

“Thank you kind sir”, I joked. He laughed and ruffled my hair, they all had started doing that for some reason. I guess my hair was very ruff-able. “Eleanor did it”, I told them. 

“You sure look beautiful”, Harry grinned at me. I laughed out loud and coughed awkwardly. Liam chuckled and picked up a tray with finger food. 

“You don’t know oh oh! You don’t know you’re beautiful!”, he sang as he carried it out to the dining room. 

“I  better go get my shoes”, I told Zayn and Harry. They both nodded and I went out the door to walk over to Niall’s apartment. I picked out a pair of white converse, as I’m not very good with heels. Just then Niall walked down the stairs. He was wearing a red polo and a pair of beige pants. I stared at him for a moment, and couldn’t help myself but to let my eyes glide over his torso. Calm down, it’s just Niall, I told myself. But he was rather… breath taking. I put on a smile as he stopped when he saw me.