Chapter 89

Credit due to the original writer

___________

Chapter 89

I poured more of the strong liquid down my throat. I’s had almost drunk one third of it now. I started swaying back and forth, letting the waves hit my face, my chest, feeling the ice cold water run down my back. 

“My hearts a stereo”, I mumbled to myself. “It beats for you so listen close”. I sighed and pored the vodka down my throat. So this was what it felt like being drunk. All I could think about was how much I loved Niall, everything else didn’t matter. “Hear my thoughts in every note”, I sang, now louder and stronger. “Make me your radio! Turn me up when you feel low, this melody was meant for you”, I took a hard breath and shouted the last part. “Just sing along to my stereo!”. My eyes filled with tears again, and I lay down on my back, the waves hitting my body with hard force. I didn’t care, I didn’t care at all. Suddenly a face appeared above me, I hadn’t heard the person coming because of the water that rushed passed my ears as I was lying down. 

“I found you”, the voice echoed. It sounded relived. It was more of a distant dream. Was it Niall? I couldn’t tell. 

“Niall?”, I whispered. “Go away, I’m fine”. I had never been worse. Two strong arms reached down for me and pulled me up into a sitting position. I looked out on the sea again, it was dark, dark and clammy. As I sat up I felt the cold water rush down my back. 

“What have you been drinking?”, the dreamy voice said again. I sighed and felt the bottle slip out of my hand. 

“Niall, go. I’m sorry, I’m sorry I’ve bothered you by being your friend”, I said as I looked around for the person who had been there, but couldn’t see anything. I closed my eyes, shaking my head. “You could have just told me I bothered you and I would have gone. I would do anything for you, don’t you know that?”. I felt the arms again wrap around my waist and pull me up, close into a warm chest. I was lifted off the ground, my dress dripping with sea water. 

“Shhh baby”, the voice soothed. I buried into the chest, still I had a lot to say. 

“Why is our friendship a joke?! Why didn’t you tell me this before, why do you feel sorry for me?”, I said, trying to speak the words clearly, it didn’t work well. Probably the alcohol. “I thought you cared about me, jeez, I’m so stupid”. 

“Hush now”. 

“Don’t you tell me to hush up!”, I said annoyed. I had to tell him what was on my mind. “Tell me, tell me what is so pathetic about me, I need to know”, I sobbed. “Why am I so helpless?!”. 

“You’re not helpless”, the voice echoed softly. “You’re drunk, go to sleep”. The arms were still carrying me.

“I just wish, I just wish”, I sobbed, the tears flowing from my eyes. 

“There, there”, the voice soothed. I took a deep breath and rested my head back on the warm chest feeling the movement of the arms carrying me. 

“Niall?”. 

“Shh, we’ll talk more after, go to sleep”. I closed my eyes and then did as the voice told me.