Chapter 38

Credit due to the original writer

________

Chapter 38

Niall’s POV:

“Annie”, I said. “Hi”. What was she doing here?

“Niall, hey”, she stood up and strode over to me. Charlie had gone away to the kitchen. “I just came by to ask you something”. 

“Ask me what?”. She smiled softly and then whispered to my ear. “I have two tickets for the new movie coming out tomorrow, and my friend couldn’t make it so I was wondering…”, she whispered to me. She was asking me out now. Annie was beautiful, but I didn’t really know her. I bit my lower lip.

“Annie, it’s very kind of you but…”, I started, but her eyes stopped me and she flashed a soft smile. 

“Niall, I know you don’t know me that well”. Yes exactly. “But maybe this is something that we can use to get to know each other a little bit more”. I sighed, I guess this was true. Tomorrow was saturday, I thought maybe I would get some time to hang out with Charlie. Things weren’t exactly good between us, but I felt bad turning Annie down too. 

“Why don’t I call you later tonight?”. She sighed. 

“Sure”, she replied shortly but then smiled warmly at me. “I’ll hear from you then”. 

“Yepp”, I smiled. She gave me a quick peck on the cheek and then left for the door. 

“Goodbye”, she said and then she was gone. Some girl. I walked back to Charlie in the kitchen who were putting the groceries into the fridge. 

“So, that was Annie”, I said and sat down by the table. Charlie turned and chuckled slightly. 

“You don’t say”. 

“We met at the party”. 

“Yes she told me”, she started. “And I saw you two… err… befriend at the party too”. Right, I could feel myself blush. Charlie had seen me drunk before, but not that drunk, and back then, I hadn’t had the same feelings for her that I did now. She was still the same Charlie, and I was still the same Niall, but the emotions between us had changed. But I was scared if I told her it would ruin everything we had. And she was my best friend, it would be wrong. 

“So, what are you up to tomorrow?”, I asked.

“Well… I sort of have to just work a little on the film, but other than that I’m free, if you wanted to hang out”. 

“Well, Annie just asked me…”, I started but regretted that I had said it. Charlie lifted her head from the grocery bag, she’d caught on. 

“Oh… I see”, she said and put on a smile. “For god’s sakes Niall, if she asked you out then go!”. 

“No, I can tell her I’m busy, I’d rather hang out with you”. She chuckled and shook her head.

“Bullshit, you should go with her. That will leave me time to work on the report anyway”. She smiled at me and then turned to put the milk cartons into the fridge. 

“Are you sure because…”. 

“Niall! It’s fine, really”. 

“Ok then”, I replied.