Chapter 58

Crdit due to the original writer

_________

Chapter 58

Niall’s POV:

“The others are over at Harry and Lou’s, you coming?”, Liam asked me. I shook my head. No way. I didn’t want to speak to them, not now. Liam sighed. 

“Maybe later”. He nodded and gave me a last pat on the shoulder before standing up. 

“You know where baby, I mean Charlie is by the way? Since you’ve spoken to her already”. I shook my head at him. It had been hours since I saw her here when she came to get her laptop. It seemed like years. “See you later mate”, Liam said and then walked out the door. My phone buzzed the second the door closed, it was Annie. I didn’t reply. The kitchen was a mess, but I was exhausted only thinking about cleaning it, so that was not going to happen. I walked up to Charlie’s room. The curtains were pulled closed, but the room was still light and almost glowing. Her laptop was gone, her phone as well. Maybe she had gone over to Zayn’s place again. I had to talk to her. But not now, I didn’t want to be the one who came running. It would be better to wait until she came back here. Why did it have to be her I had to fight with, why couldn’t it have been someone else. Because now I couldn’t go talk to her about it, and she’d pat my cheek, and kiss my forehead, and then we’d go buy food. The lads were great, but there was something different when a girl comforted you, and especially when that girl was Charlie. There was only one thing left to do… I went downstairs again and walked over to the bookshelf.

*flashback*

I came inside the apartment, it was a wednesday, Charlie was sitting on the floor with papers spread around her. I smiled widely as she looked up at me and stared at what I held in my hands. I had gone candy shopping. 

“Niall!”, she exclaimed and looked at the five bags, full of sweets. “You know you’re not supposed to go into a candy store alone!”. I pouted at her. ”Especially when you have money!”, she added, but smiled amusedly at me. 

“I knooow”, I said and walked over to the kitchen, clenching my bags. “But…” I started, ok I didn’t have any excuse. It was too tempting to walk by that new candy shop that had just opened. I put the bags down on the kitchen table and ripped one open. 

“Niall…”, Charlie warned me. “… don’t do it”. I bit my lower lip. 

“Just one sweet”, I begged her. 

“One”. 

“Three?”. 

“Fine… three”. I leaped over the bag, and reached my hand down, not caring if it actually was three things or not. Seconds later, my mouth was full. I pushed the bag over to her, and she looked down on it. “I really shouldn’t”, she mumbled. I raised my eyebrows at her, and she reached down into the bag too. 

**

One of the five bags were now empty. I was as hyper as ever, and almost falling of my chair laughing at absolutely nothing. Charlie was doing the same, trying to chew between her giggling. 

“This has to stop”, she laughed and stood up, taking the four bags that were left. 

“No!”, I yelled as she carried them over to the cupboard… the one that had a lock, and a key. This was going in a direction I didn’t like. “No, Charlie”, I half yelled half laughed. She giggled as she put them inside, and slammed the door shut before turning the key. She held it up and waved it in my face. 

“This…”, she said and tried not to giggle. “Is only going to be used for emergency’s”. I pouted my lip and gave her my cutest face. She laughed and ruffled my hair. 

“You’re mean”. 

“You’ll thank me later”, she chuckled. I followed her as she walked out to the living room with the key in her hand. 

“Where are you going with it?”. 

“I’m hiding it, so you won’t be tempted”. 

“It’s unfair if you’ll get to know where it is, and not me”. She bit her lower lip, realizing that it was true. 

“Fine”, she said. “We’ll hide it together, and promise each other it will only be used for emergency’s, when we really need that candy”. I laughed and agreed. 

“We need to hide it somewhere we don’t use often”, I said, thinking hard. I glanced over at her and she did the same to me. 

“The bookshelf!”, we both exclaimed at the same time and then roared with laughter. 

*end of flashback*

I looked at the bookshelf… this was an emergency.