Chapter 80

Credit due to the original writer

________

Chapter 80

“I’ll just hop in the shower, ok?”, I said and Charlie nodded, still staring at the bird. I went upstairs, and was looking forward to the day, just to spend it here with everyone. This was my first year not celebrating with my parents, but I was planning on going to see them in a months time anyway. I stripped my clothes off and went to shower, singing ‘Happy birthday to you”, as loud as I possibly could. When I got out, I wrapped a towel around my waist and went out to my room, to look at my phone. A message from mom and dad, I would call them later on. One from Greg, more from other people wishing me a happy birthday. Just as I was looking through them, Annie called me. I sighed, but hit the green button and put it up to my ear. As soon as I answered I could hear her squeal.

“Happy Birthday darling!”, she cheered at me. I put the phone a little away from my ear because of  the loud sound. 

“Thank’s”, I replied as I carefully placed it to my ear again. 

“Oh Niall, I have a great surprise for you, you have to come!”, she giggled into the phone. 

“What?”. 

“Yes, yes, I’m so excited! just come meet me at my house at about three?”. 

“But Annie, I already…”, I started. 

“I won’t take no for an answer love, you HAVE to come!”, she exclaimed. I sighed, I was too bad at turning people down. 

“But my friends…”, I sighed. 

“Bring them, bring everyone you’d like, just meet me ok?!”, she giggled, sounded overly exciting. There was some mumbling in the background, giggling and girly chatter. 

“But I don’t even know where you live”, I desperately tried. 

“Don’t be silly darling, I’ll send you the address”, she said carelessly. “Now promise me you’ll come!”. 

“I…”.

“Promise!”. 

“Fine”, I gave in. “I promise”. 

“Great!”, she exclaimed happily. “See you there!”. She hung up and put the phone back on my desk. Darn it. I put on my clothes and went down to Charlie who was staring at Louisina. I watched her from the top of the stairs. The sun hit her straight from the window, making her eyes glow a little. Her blonde hair fell in softness over her shoulders. I lent towards the wall, just looking at her. Charlie giggled at something the bird did and bobbed her head at the cage. Then she sat back in the couch, tucking her knees up under her chin. I went one step down towards her and the stairs squeaked. She looked up at me and a smile spread across her face. 

“What’s up?”. 

“Slight change in plans”, I sighed.