Chapter 99

Credit due to the original writer

_______

Chapter 99

“Charlie!”, he exclaimed and looked at me. I fiddled nervously with the pudding cup. He grabbed it from my hands and threw it to the table. It split open and the pudding spilled out all over him, and all over me. I stood up. 

“Niall!”, I gasped and looked at him. His shoulders sank and he shook his head as he smiled at me. “What is it?”, I said annoyed. 

“You mean yesterday, outside the house, you were talking about what Annie told you?”, he asked, his smile widening. 

“Yes!”, I exclaimed in frustration.

“You actually believed her?”, he laughed and threw his hands up to the air. 

“No, but you said…”, I started, almost crying again, why was he acting like this? 

“Oh Charlie! You stupid, stupid human being”, he laughed. I stared at his chocolate covered face, his wide smile and his eyes sparkling. His cheeks were blushing again. “Charlie, you don’t even understand how much of a misunderstanding…”, he trailed off laughing and walked over to me. I froze, watching his soft eyes melt into mine. 

“But you, you”, I stammered. He put his hand up to my hair and stroked my cheek softly, shaking his head down at me. My mouth dropped open. “You said that…”, I was so confused. 

“I was talking about something different yesterday, something very different, I never said those things”, he smiled warmly down at me. He looked at my face, I’d never felt anyone look so lovingly at me before. 

“Then what were you talking about?”, I whispered, my heart racing.