Chapter 33

Credit due to the original writer

_______________

Chapter 33

I closed the door and went back inside. I was about to head for the kitchen again when Louis jumped out in front of me. 

“Where do you think you’re going!”, he yelled and picked me up. I laughed as he threw me over at the couch where Zayn was sitting. Zayn laughed and shook his head. 

“God Lou, be careful”, Zayn said. I picked up a pillow and threw it at Louis who pretended to fall to the ground. I smiled at him as he put his hands to his throat and made a choking sound. 

“They’re done!”, I heard Liam yell in a high pitched voice from the kitchen. I guess he was referring to the food. A few seconds later Harry and Liam came out with a tray of amazing looking cupcakes. We all applauded them.

“Where is Nialler?”, Liam asked looking around. They all looked at me. 

“I’m not sure, maybe he’s busy”, I said. I felt it sting slightly, I really wanted him to be here. 

“You didn’t find him?”, Harry asked. 

“Nah”, I shrugged. The others exchanged glances but didn’t say anything more about it. Louis put on a movie and we started to multitask by eating, watching the film and talking at the same time. I was mostly laughing, but still. But my thoughts were always buzzing over Niall not being there. I felt a little hurt even though he probably had something important to do. The evening went on, it was quite nice. After the movie had ended long ago, and the tray was empty I decided it would be best to go back and get some sleep. 

“Goodnight guys, thanks for an awesome night!”, I smiled at them. Harry stretched out and pulled me over into a hug. 

“Good night”, he smiled. 

“LEASH, LEASH, LEASH!”, the other guys yelled, and then roared in laughter. Harry shook his head at them, and I did too. Poor Harry, he was only trying to be nice. I decided to tease them a bit. 

“Night”, I said and then kiss Harry’s left cheek, and then the right one.

“She’s gone over to the dark side!”, Zayn laughed as he pulled me away from Harry. I chuckled and then waved them all goodbye. Just as I closed the door behind me and turned to walk back to Niall’s place, Niall himself appeared, just coming from the elevators. He looked at me, and I looked at him, there was an awkward silence. 

“Hey”, he said and walked up towards me. 

“Hey, had fun?”. I felt bad the moment I said it. 

“Err, with what?”.

“Wherever you were”. He wrinkled his brows at me. 

“I was talking to my mother, on the phone”. I felt the guilt rush through me and sighed slightly. 

“Oh”. He smiled and we walked back to the apartment.