Chapter 31

Credit due to the original writer

______________

Chapter 31

Niall’s POV:

Just as Louis said “other plans”, I realized I actually did have other plans. I was meeting Annie at Starbucks. Jesus christ, I had totally forgotten about that. Louis was already pulling Charlie out the door, and they vanished before I was able to do something. They would hate me if I told them I had to leave now. Maybe I should just go without saying anything, at last I didn’t have to explain. Well, maybe afterwards but I’d made a plan by then. I grabbed my jacket and walked out the door. There were loud noises coming from Harry and Lou’s apartment, and I walked quickly passed and entered the lift. Ugh, I hated taking it alone, it was too tight and small. I hurried out to the street, Starbucks wasn’t far away. On the way I thought what to say to this girl. I was so mad at myself for letting myself mess it up like I had at the party, I wasn’t like this usually. Seeing Charlie again was messing with my head. I sighed and decided it would be best to just say it like it was, that I was drunk and to me it didn’t mean anything. But what if she started crying? I wasn’t able to continue my thoughts as I was already there, looking inside. There was a girl sitting in the corner, I saw her through the windows. She was looking down at her phone and I knew at once it was the same one from the party. Her hair was long, brown with blonde highlights. It reached her to about her waist and looked professionally styled. She was tall and slim and was wearing a pair of white jeans. Her face was slim, and beautifully pale. In other words, she was gorgeous. I stepped inside the door, and silently walked over to the table. 

“Hi”, I mumbled and looked down at her. She raised her head and two hazel eyes met mine. Her face lit up and she gestured for me to sit down. 

“Hi”, her voice was light and girly. I sat down, and started fiddling with my shirt beneath the table out of nervousness. “Look, thank you so much for coming”, she said and put her phone away. 

“Yeah, no I wanted to talk to you about what happened”, I admitted. She nodded like she understood. 

“Yes, I wanted to apologize. I was drunk, we were both drunk, it didn’t mean anything”. This surprised me and left me wordless. I though she’d wanted to catch up, not that she actually felt the same way I did. Maybe I had been wrong about her. I could feel myself relax a lot more.

“Right, I feel the same way”, I said and she nodded again, like she completely understood. 

“Well, I guess we’re fine then!”, she smiled. “I’m having a coffee, you’ll be welcome to join me if you’d like”. I guess it couldn’t hurt, I was pretty hungry and ordered a cupcake as well. We sat back down at the table after getting the food, and talked for a while. She seemed nice, very classy. It started to darken outside as we talked and ate, well I ate, she only had her coffee. She took small sips as she would listen to what I had to say, and then nod slightly. After a while I looked at the time, and then realized the others had now definitely noticed I was gone. I should have gone back long ago, and I regretted I had stayed there. 

“I better get going, but this was nice”, I said and stood up. 

“Yes, yes it was”, she said and gave me another warm smile. “Who knows, maybe we’ll meet again sometime”. 

“Yeah”, I said and returned the smile and then turned to leave.