Chapter 30

Credit due to the original writer

_________

Chapter 30

“I’m home!”, he yelled. I chuckled and got up from the table, Mick did the same. I walked out and saw Niall flip off his shoes. 

“Hey”, I said. He smiled widely, but then his eyes shifted over to Mick who was standing behind me. “Mick, this is Niall. Niall, this is Mick”, I said. They looked at each other. Mick smiled warmly at Niall. 

“You’re Niall Horan from that boy band”, Mick smiled. I chuckled a little. 

“Yeah”, Niall said shortly. 

“Mick’s my partner for a project”, I explained. 

“Cool”, Niall said again, this time a bit more enthusiastic. “You already have a project?”. I nodded. The three of us walked back into the kitchen. Niall grabbed a soda from the fridge and lent against the counter while looking at Mick. The atmosphere was tensing up a bit. Mick started collecting the notes  that was his on the table. 

“Well, it was nice to meet you Charlie, and I’m looking forward until tomorrow?”. I smiled and he picked up his bag. 

“Me too, I think it’ll turn out great!”. 

“You have a ride for tomorrow? ‘Cause I could pick you up if you’d like?”, Mick then asked. I was about to reply but then Niall shot in before me. 

“She has a ride”. Mick turned to Niall and I could see him get a little uncomfortable. He then shifted his eyes over to me.

“Well then”, he said. I smiled apologetically at him. “I guess I’ll see you tomorrow”. I followed him out to the door. Niall moved behind me and stood there watching us, leaning to the doorframe of the kitchen. 

“Yepp, see you tomorrow”, I said. He gave me a quick hug before walking ou the door. I then turned to Niall who was drinking his soda and looked at me with an innocent look. I shook my head slightly at him. 

“What?”, he chuckled. We were interrupted by Louis sticking his head through the door. 

“Hey, we’re kind of ready to go watch the movie and stuff”, he said. “So if your guys don’t have any others plans?”. He smiled and grabbed my hand, not waiting for an answer.