Chapter 9

Credit due to the original writer.

________

Chapter 9

Niall’s POV:

The six of us walked into Nando’s and found a table in the corner. 

“So”, Liam started. “You’re coming here for a scholarship?”. We all turned to look at Charlie who was staring down at her menu. 

“Yes”, she said without looking up. 

“But, you’re only 16”, Harry interrupted. She looked up and smiled at us. 

“Yes”. 

“So…”, Harry said, still confused. 

“She’s smart Harry”, I said, enjoying the fact I could tell him she was way above his mind level. 

“Niall!”, she said at me, turning pink with embarrassment. Louis ruffled her hair. 

“It’s ok, you’re a smart ass, we know”. Charlie turned even more pink and looked helplessly down to her menu. 

“Errr”, she stammered. “Anyways, I got in on a three year program for film-making education”. 

“So you are staying with us for three years then?”, Harry smiled. 

“Staying with me”, I corrected him. “She’s staying with me”. Harry rolled his eyes. Just then a waitress came up to us and took our orders. Charlie stated playing with the salt. 

“So, when’s your first day?”, Liam asked her, trying to ease the tension. 

“Monday”. 

“Cool, we can let you off when we go to work!”, Louis exclaimed. 

“I could take the bus”, she smiled at him.

“You’re not taking the bus!”, I said and raised my eyebrows at her. What? Did she think I would let her walk from the buss and home everyday. “Sure, we’ll drive you”. She chuckled and ruffled my hair. The food was brought to us, and we ate. The atmosphere was warming up as the time passed, and we spoke about our new album, and her classes for a while. When we all had finished we lent back, and rubbed out stomachs. It was starting to darken outside. 

“Well, let’s go home watch a movie”, Louis said and stood up. We all agreed and went out to the car, where a few fans had grouped together. We took the photos, and signed the arms and then seated in the van. Charlie pulled out her phone and started typing. Her tongue was slightly sticking out as she was concentrating on something, her hair falling into her eyes. She was adorable, I noticed Harry smiling at her too. The silence made her look up at us. 

“Tweeting”, she explained. I chuckled and Zayn (who was sitting beside her), patted her back. 

“I’m proud of you baby”, he said. She frowned at her nickname. 

“Baby!”, we all exclaimed in unison. She shook her head and lent back in her seat. Zayn kissed her head, and she smiled slightly. I flinched a little, not knowing why.

**

Later we arrived at the house, and seated in Harry’s and Louis’ flat because it’s the biggest. We let Charlie pick the movie, which was a mistake because when it comes to Charlie and movies she can go on for hours. 

“Oh baby, just pick already”, Liam rushed her as she ran her finger over the films. 

“Yeah yeah”, she mumbled, still concentrating. It still took a few minutes before she turned around. “Is this ok? I don’t know what you guys like, but at least it’s funny”, she said holding up ‘The hangover’. We all grinned widely and nodded in agreement. Louis put it on, and we all enjoyed the movie. I was sitting in the couch, with Charlie beside me, Harry on the other side of her and then Zayn. Louis and Liam was sitting in front of us on the floor. The room was dark, and everyone was concentrating on the movie. Until in the corner of my I eye, I saw Harry stretching his hand over Charlie’s shoulder. I caught his eye before she noticed and he frowned at me but pulled back his hand. I continued watching the movie, laughing with the others. After being half way through Charlie had fallen asleep on Harry’s shoulder. 

“Maybe we should take her to bed”, Zayn said, looking at me. 

“I’ll carry her”, Harry smiled. 

“NO!”, we all exclaimed in unison. Charlie jumped up by the sound of our voices. 

“I’m awake, I’m awake, jeez!”. I looked at her, and she rubbed her eyes. 

“Maybe we should get you to bed?”. She chuckled and yawned. 

“I’m not a little kid you guys, I’ll go back to your apartment and you can stay here and watch the rest”, she said and stood up. 

“But I’m…”, I started. 

“You’re staying here”, she insisted. “Good night everyone, see you all tomorrow!”. She gave them all a hug, and then kissed me on my forehead. 

“Good night”, I whispered. 

“Unfair”, I could hear Harry mumble. I could see Charlie blush, and she waved goodbye as she walked back to my apartment. Harry smiled satisfied as he turned to watch the movie. I thought about saying something to him, but decided it would be best not to.