run like your life depends on it

"Don't be mad at him. He panicked and got scared. If you really knew what a griever actually is you would run too." I say softly. Thomas nods his head. We hear the griever again.

We hid up against the wall and the sound of metal legs disappear. We walk around to find Minho but Thomas steps in some kind of slime. I look at his shoulder and more slime is dripping on him. I look up an there it is, 5 feet away from my face, and 2 feet away from Thomas.

"Above you." I pull Thomas. The griever jumps to the ground making him fall. I grab his hand as we sped off.

"Here's your chance to be a runner greenie. All you have to do is run like your life depends on it." I smirk.

We run and make some turns but no matter where we were the griever was one step ahead of us. I turn a corner and run. I am a runner. I can do this. Survive. What the hell am I talking about? I want to go back to the glade and let Newt hold me.

"Thomas?" I look over my shoulder to see if he was behind me but wasn't. Where the hell did he go?

Then a griever sounds out. It jumps off the wall and lands right in front of me. I turn around and go back the other way but it was too late. The griever picks me up and gets the stinger ready. I reach in the side of my bag grasping on to 5 knives. I throw one instantly. He cries in in pain loosing its grip around my waist. I throw another and then another, until it's claws releases me. I fell hard on to the concrete ground. Landing on my side my wrist was in pain and my spine shot in pain. Tears form my eyes as I get up and run. Soon I caught up  from where I was when I lost Thomas. I looked up against the wall watching  Thomas being chased by a griever. He was climbing down the vines against the wall. Thomas soon was halfway down the wall next to me as the griever climbs down next to him. The griever gets the stinger ready. Thomas dodges it, sliding down the vine wall, the griever picks up Tommy. They both strike down to the ground landing right on top of me. I move carefully so the legs of the greiver dont stab me.

"Thomas!" I scream. He gets up and pulls me along. The griever is stuck in the vines we run, getting hit with something hard.

"Minho!" I hug him.

"I'm so sorry em." He hugs back then walks over to Thomas.

"You crazy son of a bitch."

"I thought we made this clear. I'm crazy, he's an idiot, and you're Asian. Can we go now?" I pushed them forward the griever trying to get entangled in the vines.

We take off running with me in the front boys in the back. I hear the maze changing. Taking sharp left turn as these walls start to close.

Come on." Minho tell Thomas.

Minho and I wait for idiot Thomas to hurry up, is this boy's suicide or something? I see Thomas run with the griever hot on his heels. Oh yeah he's definitely suicide. We're trying to lose this thing and he likes to bring it with us. Let's throw a party for the griever and sacrifice ourselves as they eat the flesh off our bones. Doesn't that sound fun?

"Tommy!" I yell. The wall closes with Thomas on top of Minho and I.

"You are crazy, but not as crazy as me." I shove them off of me as I stand up brushing the dirt off.

"Alby." Thomas tries to relocate our leader.

As soon as we found Alby, Thomas and Minho take turns carrying him. I offer but they deny, boys. I take the lead and the one who doesn't carry is in the back. No more grievers for tonight. We get closer to the main doors I hear Chuck and Newt. Newt, I think. I'm alive, I survived the maze during the night. I see the entrance with Chuck cheering. We all run in and collapse a few feet inside. I curl up to Newt, he hugs me and kisses my forehead. Everyone gathers around us, asking questions but we only answer Chucks.

"You saw a griever?"

"Yea I saw one." Thomas gasp for air.

"He did more then that." I cough out.

"He didn't just see it. He killed it." Minho nods his head. Everyone stares down at Thomas. Boy has a death wish.