crazy or just insane

"If anyone wants to join Thomas and be banished then by all means go ahead. Or you can join me, we can rebuild our glade and everything will be normal." Gally announced.

"Gally it won't be normal again. Those grievers will keep coming back and won't stop till every single one of us is dead. They are probably starting a new glade, the creators." Teresa rejoiced.

"Your being banished with Thomas so your opinion doesn't matter." Gally scoffs.

Gally and a couple of other gladers take Teresa and carry Thomas to the slammer. Newt and I just stare in disbelief. What are we going to do? Alby will know, he is the leader of course. But where is he?

"Where is Alby? Zart?" I look around the glade but its all burnt and ruined.

"They didn't make it." Newt stutters.

"No. No they can't be gone. They can't be." My eyes tear up.

"Love I'm sorry." Newt walks over to me and wraps his arms around my entire body. I start to sob uncontrollably. Why? First Scott now Alby and Zart. No more. I won't let anyone get hurt. I lift my head up and see Gally walking back to us.

"Alright, Ember you are coming with."

"What? Why?" I wipe the tears away.

"Because I need someone like you in my life." Is he insane? I feel Newt tense up.

"First I'm with Newt. I don't like you Gally. Second you pissed me off yesterday with the whole councils hall thing. I would rather be banished." I spit at him.

"That's how you wanna play? Ok fine. Newt you are being banished." Gally grabs my arm and yanks me away from Newt. Putting a knife to my throat. I feel the cold metal rest in the center of my throat.

"Mom!" Chuck yells but Minho pushes him behind.

"No. That's not how it works." I yelled.

"Be with me or let him be banished." My eyes widen. I look over to Newt and he looks so helpless.

"Gally please don't do this." He pleads.

"To late. Whats your choice Ember?"

My eyes dart from Gally, Newt, Chuck, Minho, and the doors. Maybe if I take off running to the doors I can banish myself. I can survive in there but the question is, for how long? I won't take that chance. That's basically telling him to slit my throat also he might as well banish Newt too. I won't let Newt be banished. I won't let him get hurt.

"I will go with you." I mutter. Gally smiles down and sets the knife into his pocket.

"Ember." Newt cries.

"I'm sorry. I love you." I feel someone shove me towards whats left of the homestead.

"Wait Ember! Gally you can't do this!" I hear Newt yelling. This is all just a nightmare. It will go away. It has too.

"Get some sleep." Gally throws me on a bed and walks out. I curl up into a ball wishing this would all just end. I find myself crying to sleep again. Get me out of here.

*************************

I wake up with something stroking my hair.

"Newt stop I'm trying to sleep." I snap.

"Its Gally." I hear Gally's voice echo through the room. Great. It wasn't a nightmare. Its all happening right now, Alby is really gone and so is Zart. I roll over and see Gally tying his boots up. Sitting up the warm air filling the room and the light shines through the posts.

"Banishment starts soon. I suggest you get up." He walks out of the homestead and over to the doors. Why am I being punished I've done nothing wrong? Have I? I miss Newt. Please let him be safe.