banishment not today

As I finish getting ready something shines out of the corner of my eyes. Hunting knife!! How lucky can this girl get. I can stab Gally with it. No that's a bad plan its not big enough to actually kill him. Self defense I guess. I grab it and push it in my boot. I tie my hair up and walk out of the homestead. Everyone gathering around the doors so I head that way. Making eye contact with Minho, Jeff and Clint but I just stare into Newt's eyes.

In the far distance some gladers pull Teresa and dragging Thomas. He must be still out from the griever stinger.

"This is such a waste." Gally sighs as they drop Thomas on the ground.

"Gally." Winston calls.

"It doesn't feel right man."

"Yea what if Thomas is right. Maybe he can lead us home." Jeff adds.

"We are home. Ok? I don't wanna cross anymore names off that wall."

"You really think banishing us is going to solve anything?" Teresa Sasses.

"No. This isn't a banishing. It's an offering."

"Gally don't do this." I plead. He looks over to me and wraps his arms around me. I think I'm gonna be sick. Newt shakes with anger.

"What? Wait. Gally what are you doing?" Teresa struggles as a glader that I have seen before but don't know his name pins her to a post. Wow, I am not much of a people person.

"You really think I'm gonna let Thomas back into the maze after what he has done? Look around you. Look at our glade. This is the only way and when the grievers get what they came here for, everything goes back to the way it was."

"Are you listening to this? Why are you all just standing there? He's crazy." Teresa quizzes.

"Will you shut up?"

"If you stay here the grievers are going to come back. They are going to come back and they are to keep coming back until your all dead." Teresa makes Gally rage.

"Shut up!" Gally pushes me to the side causing me to lose my balance.

"Tie him up. Did you hear me? I said tie him up." Gally snaps.

The next thing I knew, Thomas was punching the gladers that picked him up. Everyone was attacking. I see Teresa being cut down, and Minho putting his machete in front of Gally. They all walk in front of the doors with weapons ready. I try to join Newt but Gally stands in front of me.

"Your full of surprises aren't you?" Gally ask Thomas.

"You don't have to come with us but we are leaving and if anyone else wants to come its your last chance." I would love to join you Tommy but see eyebrow boy won't let me.

"Don't listen to him he is just trying to scare you." Gally reassures the gladers.

"I'm not trying to scare you. You are already scared. Alright, I'm scared. But I rather risk my life out there then spending it in here. We don't belong here. Ok, this place isn't our home. We were put here. We are trapped here. At least out there we have a choice. We can make it out of here. I know that." Thomas confirms. The guys take it all in a I see a few walk towards Thomas.

"Gally its over. Just come with us." Thomas pleads. I look at Gally and he is in shock that most of the gladers went with Thomas.

"Good luck against the grievers."

I stand out behind Gally and walk my way to Newt. But Gally pushes me back into him.

"Ember." Newt calls for me.

"Oh no. You can't leave me. You are to stay with me." Gally wraps his arms around my waist and his hands slide down to my thigh. Nope. I ain't haven't that. Only Newt can touch me like that.

"Sorry sweetheart but I'm leaving." I reach down into my boot and lodge the knife into Gally's shoulder. As he screams in pain I take off into the maze with the others.