judgement day and greenie

The next thing I knew, we were in the council hall having a meeting. Gally thinks we should punish Thomas. I think he should be but he did save Alby and I. He broke a rule, running into the maze is our number one rule. His stupidity saved us. I lean on Newt for support. Dehydration is one thing but listening to Gally, don't get me started on that.

"Things are changing. There is no denying it. First Ben gets stung in broad daylight, and then Alby." I shutter when he metioned Ben. Newt wraps his arms around me.

"And now our greenie here has taken it upon his self to go out into the maze. Which is a clear violation of our rules here." I nod in agreement, its true.

"Yeah, but he saved his life." Frypan implied.

"Did he?"

"He did save mom's life." Chuck announced.

"Maybe." Gally sighs. Newt gives him the bitch face and I chuckle to myself.

"For 3 years we have coexisted with these things and now you've killed one of them. Who knows what that could mean for all of us." He finishes.

"Well that was an adorable speech Gally, but Minho and I were there. We know what we saw. Hell I knew what I saw when Minho got scared and took off running to hide. Thomas did what he had to do. He saved Alby's life. He saved mine. That griever stood right on top of me. Could have stung me or could have killed me but you know what? Thomas pulled me right out under it. I should be dead by now. Minho and I both." I say out loud. Everyone nods their heads agreeing.

"What do you suggest we do?" Newt ask Gally.

"He has to be punished." Everyone disagrees with Gally.

"Minho, you were out there with them what do you?"

"I think, in all the time we've been here no ones ever killed a griever before. When I turn tail and ran. This dumb shank turned around to help Alby. He saved Ember. A griever right on top of her, there was no way of her to escape. He pulled her right out of there. Look I don't know if he is brave or stupid, whatever it is we need more of it. I say we make him a runner."

"He is right." I agree. Some people agree some don't, the room is mixed emotions right now.

"Thomas. Thomas. Thomas." I hear Chuck chanting. I look at him and give the 'your embarrassing me son look'.

"If you want to throw the greenie a parade that's fine. Go ahead. But if there is one thing that I know about the maze, it is you do not." Gally gets cut off by an alarm.

The greenie alarm goes off. Gally, Newt and I run to the box with everyone behind us. It's not supposed to come now we still have a few more weeks. Gally and Newt pushes it open. Letting Newt jump down into the box. No supplies, just a person.

"Its a girl." He looks puzzled.

Everyone shouting in confusion. I leaned against Chuck for support, I should get something to drink. Thomas comes forward and his facial expression for 5 seconds shows me he knows her then it changes to puzzled.

"You ok?" Chuck ask.

"Im good son." I smile to assure him. Dont want the child scared.

"Whats in her hand?" Gally ask. Newt leans down, picking up the note and unfolds it.

"She's the last one ever." He reads aloud.

"What the hell does that mean?" Newt looks up at us but the girl awakes gasping for air, making everyone jump back in surprise.

"Thomas." She utters then passes out.

"Still think I'm overreacting?" Everyone stares at Thomas including myself. I start to feel dizzy and fall to the ground, blacking out.