A threat to the former Luna

After about and hour of sitting on the floor staring at nothing I stood up and changed. I knew that King was mad at me and I didnt want to go to the pool dressed in any bathing suit because he would probably kill every male swimming with me today. Yes I was listening because if I told King about something that I would be just as angry if he didnt listen. I groaned in frustration because i didnt want him mad I me. I loved my mate and arguing with him was the worse thing ever. I was startled once I heard the door open. I ran downstairs not expecting to see who I saw.

"Mo-mother," I said shocked. She still looked sick but I was surprised to see her out of her room. The doctor stood to her right and Antonio to her left. He didnt look at me but at the ground. He knew that he upset me. "What are you doing here?" I asked blinking my yes rapidly. My mother didnt say anything as her eyes scanned my house.

"When did you make this?" She asked not answering my question. I frowned at her and looked away.

"You dont remember do you? Daddy was making this for me before he died," I said softly. My mother stiffened and looked at me and nod.

"Were is your mate?" She asked. I looked at the doctor and then at Antonio. They both bowed and left my house in a hurry.

"Come, sit down," I said leading her into the living room. My mother followed me into the living room walking slowly as if this was the first time she used her legs. I guess you could say it was that kind of situation because she havent moved from her room for a long time. She sat on the couch slowly hardly making a sound." So whats up mom?" I asked not wanting to offend her. I mean she havent been out of her room of depression in months so why all of a sudden would she come and visit me?

"I just wanted to see you," She said softly. Her short brown hair was combed so she was able to run her hands through it without it getting tangled. I raised a brow at her.

"Oh?" I said more like a question. My mother sighed and bite her lip. I didnt say anything because I wanted to wait for her. The silence grew on and even though I was losing patience I remained quiet. My mother opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out. I sucked on my teeth rolling my eyes at her.

'Come on mom what do you need?" I asked.

"Well we havent spent any time together so..." She trailed off looking at her nails. I didnt know why she was being awkward. Even when she isolated herself in her room i've never stoped loving her the same. I wanted to ask her a few questions anyways and I also wanted to get my mind off of my mate. It was too painful to think of him now.

"Well then lets just talk over some cereal," I said giving her a small smile. Her eyes still lacked its luster but, I could see a bit of life in them. My mother nod her head at me giving me a weak smile.

"Peanut Butter Captain Crunch?" I asked knowing that she would say yes because that was one of her favorite cereal as well as mine.

"Of course," She said softly. I walked away and reached the kitchen quickly. Opening the cabinet I grabbed two bowls and sat them down on the counter. I opened the fridge looking for milk and found a half gallon. I grabbed it frowning because I knew that I bought this gallon last night. I rolled my eyes remembering King walking into our bedroom last night with a huge bowl of cereal. He loved it just as much as I did. I groan slamming the cereal box on the counter from on top of the fridge in annoyance. I couldn't help but think about him and it made me annoyed that I knew that I couldnt live without him.

After making our bowls and placing spoons in them I walked back in the living room. My mother didn't move one single inch from her spot on the couch and I raised a brow at her oddness.

*Marei- Ann*

I sat there thinking about the visit I had earlier. I dreaded every moment. I didn't want her to visit me. I wanted to forget that part of my past. Well at least the part that included her. I griped the hem of my dress trying to calm my nerves but her voice kept on talking in my ear.

~Flashback~

There was a knock on my door. The doctor wasnt here to answer the door so I answered it instead. I opened the door and her eyes stared back at me passively as if she knew that I was weak and vulnerable which at the moment I was. I stumbled back in shock and in fear as she smiled at me.

"Marei-Ann its so nice to see you," She said walking in. I created distance between us. She titled her head studying me in amusement. "Im not going to hurt you I just wanted to finally talk to you face to face," She said in a sweet voice. I knew that underneath she was corrupted with evil.

"What do you want?" I asked my voice coming out stronger then I expected. Her eye brows rose in surprise at me.

"So I see you still carry some of your former power," She said looking at her nails.

"What do you want?" I asked through my teeth. She was making me angry with the way she was talking to me as if I was a child when it was the other way around.

"I just wanted to see you. My plans are coming along perfectly and I wanted to see you before I destroy your life again," She said calmly. I gasped startled at her.

"You mean everything is your fault?' I asked. She shook her head and stared at me looking with honesty. I didnt know rather I should believe her or not so I didnt say anything. She laughed at me and I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"You are so ignorant like your daughter!" She said laughing. "Its pathetic and that is why I should be Luna of the pack," she added glaring at me.

"A person like you shouldn't be Luna," I said glaring back at her.

"Are you serious. What this pack needs is someone strong and willing to do what it takes to help this pack grow and expand," She said to me. I shook my head at her.

"I wont let you. I dont even know why you told me this anyways. Im just going to let Kaiya know about you," I said to her like she was dumb. She shook her head at me.

"If you tell her then I would out you," she sneered at me. I felt the blood drain from my face and I knew that I looked pale.

"No," I said my voice wavering with unshed tears. She smirked at me then and gave me a salute and walked out the door leaving me to drown in my tears.

*Kaiya*

"Mother!" I called out to her for the fifth time. She jerked and stared at me with a look of fear in her eyes. "Are you okay?" I asked her setting down our bowls and sat next to her on the couch.

"I-I-I..Im ," She said stuttering. She stood up abruptly startling me." I speak to you later baby," She said running out of my house. I stared after her stunned.

"What the hell?