Connection in the Cafe

He was my mate.

I could smell it in the air as my heart slammed against my ribs. I could feel butterflies in my stomach and I knew that right now I was breathing heavy. My skin was prickly and my body was warm. This feeling was completely new and scary at the same time.

In the distance I could hear my name being called but I couldn't concentrate enough to react. All could feel was the thick tension in the air and my body being coiled up like a python ready to strike.

I could see my mates beautiful muscular frame. His curly brown hair hid his ears and even without a hard look you could tell that his Wolf was a strong one. As I stared at him burning holes into his back I couldn't understand why he didn't turn round and look at me. Why he wasnt searching for me.

His wolf was acting up. I could tell by the way he struggled to keep still and the pheromones he was admiting just for me.

Turn around. I'm right here. I thought to myself and gripped the edge of the table.

Every wolf could find their mate instantly in a room full of people by the scent alone. It didn't work that way in my case obviously by the anticipation and waiting I was facing right now because of him.

Once your mate scent hits your nose it's impossible to turn the other cheek. My scent should be especially potent because I am Luna of my pack. Any wolf would smell the power in my blood and know instantly.

For once I was completely lost.

Should I wait for him. Should I go to him. Should I pretend that nothing happened? Did he not want me? Is that the reason why he wasnt all over me already?

I was young to be Luna so my patience wasn't the best. I was about to say something until finally his green eyes pierced my hazel ones. I felt a lump in my throat as he stared at me making me freeze into place. He frowned at me making me nervous. After a few seconds of eye contact her made his way over to stand in front of me. He was tall and look down at me through thick lashes.

Damn.

We were only inches apart and it took almost all I had not to jump his bones right here in front of everyone in this Café. I almost didn't give a shit. Almost.

"Who are you?" My mate asked cautiously and firmly. I was confused because his Wolf should have told him that I was his mate by now.

"I'm Kaiya," I said gently. I had to swallow my spit.

I already knew that I loved him as soon as he opened his mouth. God is this the mate bond? Its incredible.

His eyes soften a bit. Although I wasn't use to people talking to me in such a demanding way with my mate I didn't care. I didn't mind his tone one bit. I crossed my legs. I need to keep it together.

My mate sniffed the air around me. To a normal human it would go unnoticed but to me I could tell that he was taking another breath of my scent. Taking me in now that we were so much closer.

"Well Kaiya you are strange," My mate said more to himself. I smiled.

"That's because were mates. My scent makes you excited. I don't know why your Wolf didn't sense me right away," I said frowning. My mate looked pale and taken back. This made me hesitant. What was going on?

"What are you talking about?" He asked lamely. His eyes hardened and I frowned even more at his words. He was now wary of me.

I didnt answer him right away because this was definitely different than what I had imagined. There could be only one explanation to this.

"Love are you adopted?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"I- how did you know that?" He asked frowning again.