Overcoming depression

*My Black little roses this chapter is a little depressing. I wish you guys would let me know how you feel about this but its cool I guess. Comment and or vote. I know the story line is kind of slow but I have my reasons… Enjoy….:]*

It was as if my father’s death happened all over again. The depression sunk deep into my bones. I didn’t know what to do. As Luna I had to pull myself together but at least for a couple of days I could grieve. When my mate was close by I felt a little better. It didn’t really change how I felt because he was also grieving just like I was. Marcy was loved by him too. Reed was in charge as my mate and I got over our depression. King took it better than I did. Well that’s what I thought until Antonio told me about his rampage. After I ran from the group in search of Marcy, King followed behind me a couple of seconds later after barking orders to get the mess cleaned up. Once he caught up to me I already passed out by then. He only saw the blood all over the place and the blood on me that he thought the worst. He thought that I was dead and once he figured Marcy was dead he shifted and attacked anyone that came near our bodies. It wasn’t until Antonio told him that if I was dead that he wouldn’t be able to move  because the bond would have broken that he calmed down, slightly. He didn’t calm down enough to shift back but enough to stop attacking people. I woke up in my bed cleaned and dressed. I was happy that I had found my mate because without him I don’t think that I could have handled it. I just lay in bed looking at the ceiling. My mate allowed me peace and didn’t say anything. He only embraced me and snuggled close to my body. I felt bad for not showing him the attention he needed but I just didn’t have it in me. My eyes flicked to my mate. I ran my hands through his curly hair and brushed my lips against his forehead. He stirred and looked up at me.

“Couldn’t sleep,” King asked. I shook my head and sighed.

“Sleep just doesn’t want to come,” I said giving King a smile. He smiled back at me and kissed me gently. It was what I needed. I kissed him back deepening the kiss. Once I pulled back from him we were out of breath. My forehead touched his and I couldn’t take it anymore. I cried for the first time since my father’s death months ago. And even then my eyes only glossed over with tears that I forced to stay back. I knew that I caught King off guard because he sat up hastily bringing me with him. I didn’t know where these sudden tears came from but I felt so vulnerable with my mate around. I didn’t feel like the Luna or the daughter of the former Luna. I just felt like a girl, a regular girl crying over the loss of someone close to me. I didn’t cry. No, I sobbed and bawled my eyes out. I even had the hiccups and when I looked at my mate with tears in my eyes I found silent tears streaming down his face. I wipe a tear that had fallen down his face with my thumb. I had forgotten that he could feel every emotion that I could because of the bond we shared. Once he made his claim on my skin that feeling would increase ten times over. It would make it impossible to love anyone else. And right now even without his claim I knew that I would never love anyone else. That made me realize that I could get over this depression as long as my mate was by my side. I wiped my eyes and took a deep breath. I pulled away from King running my hands through my matted hair that I haven’t combed in days. “Thanks love,” I said finding my voice raspy. He wiped his eyes and shook his head.

“You don’t have to thank me,” King said. I slide out of the bed and headed for the bathroom. I turned to King beckoning him to come.

“Let’s have a shower,” I said not waiting for him to answer.

//////

I felt better than I had in days. I even headed to Reed’s office to get the load off of her shoulders. But before I had a chance to get there I was stopped by Macclain.

“Luna,” Macclain said bowing down to me. I smirked at her.

“Hey Macclain what’s up?” I asked letting her know that it was okay to look at me with the friendly tone of my voice. She looked up at me and gave me a sad smile. I felt my smile falter. I didn’t want pity.