Chapter 14: Coincidence

This whole morning Scott had been explaining to us a dream he had about Allison, it was cute at the beginning then it took a twisted turn and he basically killed her. What freaks me out the most is how similar our dreams are because last night I had one about Stiles and it ended up the same way. I kept my mouth shut this whole time, mainly because Scott doesn't know I like Stiles and it would be weird as hell for me to explain that we were making out in the back of the school bus right before I ripped his throat out with my fangs but hey.

"So you killed her?" Stiles' voice snaps me out of thought as he holds the door open for me.

"I don't know. I just woke up." Scott explains. "And I was sweating like crazy, and I couldn't breathe. I've never had a dream where I woke up like that before." Even for identical twins this is beyond creepy.

"Really?" Stiles questions. "I have. Usually ends a little differently..." He explains and my face scrunches up in disgust.

"A: I meant I've never had a dream that felt that real." Scott states.

"And B: never give us that much detail about you in bed again." I added, walking in between them.

"Noted." Stiles laughs swinging an arm over my shoulders. "Let me take a guess here-"

"No, I know," Scott cuts off. "You think it has something to do with me going out with Allison tomorrow, like I'm gonna lose control and rip her throat out." He explains.

"No, of course not." Stiles denies and Scott and I look up at him. "Yeah, that's totally it. Hey, come on, it's gonna be fine, all right? Personally, I think you're handling this pretty freakin' amazingly. You know, it's not like there's a lycanthropy for beginner's class you can take." Stiles explains and I nod my head.

"Yeah, not a class, but maybe a teacher." Scott states.

"Who, Derek?" I question and Stiles smacks Scott upside the head, causing me to laugh.

"You forgetting the part where we got him tossed in jail?!" Stiles snaps.

"Yeah, I know, but chasing her. Dragging her to the back of the bus. It felt so real..." Scott defends.

"How real?" I question, curiously.

"Like it actually happened." Scott explains and my face pales. Oh my God this cannot be happening. We walked out of the school and into the courtyard to see a crowd formed outside of a school bus and my breathing stops. The back door is torn open and there is blood and claw marks everywhere.

"I think it did." Stiles breathes, removing his arm from my shoulders and taking a step closer. I stumble back, gripping onto the handrail, I feel like I'm gonna pass out. We rush back inside the school and Scott whips out his phone and starts calling Allison. "She's probably fine." Stiles and I reassure him as I pull my phone out as well. If my dream didn't come true then I doubt his did because Stiles is walking right beside us.

"She's not answering my texts, Stiles." Scott counters. "When was the last time you talked to her?" Scott questions me.

"I-I uh not since last night." I explain looking through my phone; this is not helping at all.

"It could just be a coincidence, all right? A seriously amazing coincidence." Stiles considers as Scott looks around at every brunettes in the hallway, searching for Allison.

"Just help me find her, okay?" Scott begs as we continue walking down the hall. "Do you see her?"

"No." I sigh. Scott races around a corner and Stiles pulls me back, stopping me in my tracks.

"She's probably just running late." Stiles suggests.

"Yeah-yeah I'm sure... it's just a freak coincidence?"

"Yeah." Right when I open my mouth to tell him vaguely about my dream the PA system cuts me off and I roll my eyes as the hallways quite down so we can hear.

"Attention, students, this is your principal. I know you're all wondering about the incident that occurred last night to one of our buses. While the police work to determine what happened, classes will proceed as scheduled." And the PA cuts off. I groan and rest my head on his shoulder.

"I was really hoping for the day off." I whine.

"You and me both." Stiles chuckles, lightly rubbing my back. "We better hurry, can't be late for Harris class, I really don't want detention again." Stiles laughs.

"Let's go." I sigh, grabbing his hand and dragging him to class. We take our seats near the back and sit down just before Scott runs in as the bell goes off. He takes his seat in front of us and Harris begins teaching his lesson on covalent bonds.

"Maybe it was my blood on the door." Scott suggests. Maybe.

"Could have been animal blood." Stiles comments. That too. "You know, maybe you caught a rabbit or something."

"And did what?" I question.

"Ate it." Stiles says like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Raw?" Scott questions, shocked.

"No, you stopped to bake it in a little werewolf oven." Stiles replies sarcastically. "I don't know, you're the one who can't remember anything."

"Mr. Stilinski," Harris calls out. "If that's your idea of a hushed whisper, you might want to pull the headphones out every once in a while. I think you, Mr. and Ms. McCall would benefit from a little distance, yes?"

"No." We all disagree. He moves Scott to the front and Stiles to the far corner of the room, keeping me in my same place.

"Let me know if the separation anxiety gets to be too much." We begin working again and I'm bored out of my mind. I raise my hand trying to get Harris' attention.

"Yes Ms. McCall?"

"The separation anxiety just hit me, can I move back where Stiles is?" I question and the class chuckles. Harris rolls his eyes and continues teaching on the board. I turn around to Stiles and pout, he pouts back.

"Hey, I think they found something!" The girl beside Scott announces. We all hop out of our seats and race to the window. The paramedics wheel a body out on a gurney towards the back of an ambulance. Please don't be dead! Please don't be dead! I think as they stop by the doors.

"That's not a rabbit." Scott whispers to Stiles and I. The man sits up and screams, scaring the entire class.

"Okay." Stiles says as Scott and I begin to back up from the window. "This is good, this is good. He got up, he's not dead. Dead guys can't do that."

"Stiles, I did that." Scott says.

"Scott I had the same dream." I confess, not wanting him to think he's the only one at fault. They both look down at me, eyes wide, mouth hung open.

"What?! Why didn't you tell us?!" They both whisper/shout at me.

"I-I just thought it was a very, very big coincidence?" I shrug.

"Who was your dream about?" Stiles questions and my cheeks heat up.

"L-Lydia." I lie quickly, knowing Scott can tell. I guess it's time for me to confess my undying love for our best friend sooner or later.