Chatper 38: Alpha

Spencer's P.O.V

I wake up in a shock, gasping for air. At first I don't recognize where I am. The bright lights, the cold air, and then I hits me. I jump up, pain rippling through my body as I look around for Peter but he's nowhere in sight. Below me Lydia lays in a pool of her own blood. I need to find Scott. I think to myself as Jacksons scent becomes stronger. I reach down and feel that Lydia still has a pulse and pray to God that he gets here in time before I run off into the woods, feeling my wounds begin to heal slowly as I pick up Scott's scent and follow it deeper into the woods. This is not good, none of this is good at all!

I finally find Scott, he's lying on the ground, letting out a painful cry as he punches the ground repeatedly.

"Scott..." My voice cracks as I stand a few feet away from him, clutching my side. His head snaps up and he rushes to me, engulfing me in a tight hug as we both begin to sob.

"What-what happened to you?" I mumble as he pulls away staring at my dress, ripped and covered in blood and dirt.

"What happened to me? What the hell happened to you!?" He exclaims.

"Peter attacked Lydia, I tried to stop him, he attacked me." I explain. "You?"

"Somehow Argent found out about me, cornered me with Allison, and I-I couldn't do anything else!" He exclaims, tears spilling from his eyes.

"Scott-Scott! It's okay, we'll figure it out." I say softly. "I don't know how," I cut him off, "but we will, we always will." I explain, wiping away his tears.

"Come on, let's get out of here and clean you up." Scott sighs, dragging me along, probably towards the Animal clinic.

***

Twenty minutes later, Scott and I are sitting in the back room with my side bandaged up, as the two of us brainstorm how the hell we're going to figure this out. My phone buzzes beside me and it's a text from Jackson.

Jack 💩: received at 11:03 pm

Lydia just got admitted into the ER. They're working on her now

I send him a quick text to keep me updated before I lock it and place it beside me.

"Lydia's in ER now." I inform Scott, who simply nods in response. God I wish I knew what's running through your head right now, Scotty. The dogs being barking and howling like crazy and an idea pops into my head and Scott looks like he's thinking the same thing. Scott and I quickly run home, thanking God that mom has a night shift, we change out of our dirty clothes in record time and meet up in the hallway. Running our the door and into the woods, easily find the peak overlooking all of Beacon Hills. I glance over at Scott and he nods slightly, here goes nothing. I take a deep breath, closing my eyes, feeling my features change before Scott and I left out a powerful howl.

"You think he head us?" Scott questions, as we back up from the peak just as another howl rips through the night.

"Oh, he definitely heard us. Let's go." I nudge him, we sprint through the woods again, following Derek's howl, right to the old Hale house.

"Why would they keep him here?" Scott whispers, as we patrol the outside of the house, looking for anything.

"I don't know..." Knowing the Argent's, they probably have the whole house ridged. Scott sniffs the air looking for a scent, Derek's is here but there's something else... someone else. We look around and find a small hill, completely hidden if you're not looking hard enough. We drop down and there's a gate leading to somewhere. Scott slowly pushes the gate open and we slip inside, closing it behind us. Derek's scent getting notably stronger as our eyes quickly adjust to the darkness as we walk through the tunnel. There's a bright light leaking from around a corner. Scott and I follow as it leads us down many twists and turns before we come face to face with a huge steel door. I quickly yank it open and spot Derek dangling in the middle of the room with his arms chained above his head and wires taped to his body.