Chapter 22: 'Training'

After everything that happened last night at parent-teacher conferences, things are a little, how would you say, tense, between the three amigos.

Stiles is pissed at Scott because he rushed to save a girl he barely knew for a month over his dad. He's also pissed that I got hurt in the process of saving his dad, even though I've told him countless times that it was no big and I'd heal anyways.

I'm a little pissed at Scott too, mainly because he saved Allison over Stiles' dad and that he left us hanging for a whole day while we had important information to tell him. The only people that know that Stiles and I are dating are our parents and Lydia because apparently Scott and Allison don't care about us enough to answer our texts and calls for a whole day.

All weekend I've been sitting in my room watching movies with Stiles, well Stiles had to crawl in through the window but that's beside the point. Or Derek has shown up unexpectedly to 'train' us for when the Alpha calls on us again, and that's been so 'fun' waking up at two in the morning to have ice cold claws at your throat.

Tonight mom asked if I could go grocery shopping since Scott's always the one that gets to drive and Scott decided to jump at the chance to be alone with me so we could 'work things out'.

Scott being the genius that he is, forgot what floor he parked the car on. So for the past thirty minutes we've been searching the bottom floors of the parking garage looking for the car, thirty minutes of my life I won't be getting back. We climb to the third floor and I pull out the keys, clicking the lock button trying to hear the car honk, nothing.

"Damn it." He says under his breath, I roll my eyes and push open the stairwell door open and walk up, not holding it for Scott.

"Spencer I've said I'm sorry like a thousand times, when will you forgive me?" Scott begs.

"When you say it a thousand more." I spit. "I still can't believe you chose her over his dad!" I yell.

"I know, I'm an idiot-"

"You can say that again." I scuff as he continues.

"And I've said I'm sorry to him like a million times." He explains.

"Sorry doesn't always fix everything Scotty." I sigh pushing the door open to the fourth floor and walking through.

"Okay this looks like the right floor." I raise the key and press the button a few times, nothing. Scott puts down the grocery bags walking a little forward as I continue to click the button, a faint beeping sound is coming from above us and I scowl at Scott. He walks back and picks up his bags; a bottle of mango juice falls out and rolls away from us.

"Oh, crap." Scott cruses under his breath as he quickly puts the bags down and chase after the bottle of fruity goodness. The bottle rolls under a car and Scott crouches down to get it. Just as he reaches for it the bottle rolls back towards him with three long claw marks running down the sides as juice leaks out.

"Scott!" I shriek as a shadow quickly passes by the car window. He picks himself up off the ground and we sprint down the parking garage, leaving our groceries behind. A low growl is heard from behind but I don't dare turn back. Scott and I sprint down to the third floor with the Alpha still behind us; Scott is only a few feet ahead of me when he notices I'm not by his side.

"Spence hurry!" He calls frantically, reaching a hand back to pull me along.

"A werewolf can only run so fast in skinny jeans Scotty!" I sass grabbing onto his hand for dear life as we dart down to the second level and hide behind a car. I place a hand on my heart and try to control my breath, slowing down my pulse as my heartbeat rings in my ears.