Chapter 32: Lunatic

"What the hell is wrong with him today?!" I shout as Stiles pulls up into my driveway. "I mean like, first he was all depressed cause of Allison, then he doesn't really care about being co-captain, and after his little "chat" with Lydia, he starts acting like an arrogant little prick on the field!?" I exclaim as I slam the door and walk around to Stiles' side. The full moon is defiantly working its ways on me right now and Scott sure as hell isn't helping.

"Easy on my baby!" Stiles exclaims, gently stroking his jeep. I cross my arms over my chest and let out a huff of air. "You're my baby too!" He smiles, walking over to me and wrapping his arms around me, hugging me tightly so that my face is buried in his chest. "Hey, look at me." I tilt my head up, a frown still resting on my face. He lightly pecks me nose, causing a small smile to surface. "Ah, there you are." He smiles kissing my two cheeks, causing me to chuckle before he lightly presses his lips to mine, giving me a soft, sweet kiss, practically melting my anger away.

"I don't know what I'd do without you Biles." I smile up at him.

"I know, I'm kind of amazing." He sighs, grabbing my hand and dragging me towards the front door. I reach into my bag to pull out my key, but Stiles manages to open the door. I give him a funny look as he walks inside.

"Scott?" Mom calls from the living room ready for another night shift, walking out to find the two of us.

"Stiles." He smiles like an idiot.

"And Spencer." I add, smiling at her.

"Key!" She points down to the key in his hand, giving both of us a funny look.

"Yeah. I had one made, so..."

"That doesn't surprise me. It scares me, but it doesn't surprise me." Mom says, causing me to laugh as Stiles drops his duffel bag on the floor, making a loud clanking sound.

"What is that?" She questions, staring at it.

"Uh, school project." Stiles lies.

"Mmm." She hums, clearly not believing him. "Stiles, he's okay, right?" Mom speaks up, playing with her shirt.

"Who? Scott? Yeah. Totally." Stiles nods multiple times.

"He just doesn't talk to me that much anymore, not like he used to..." Mom explains, and my heart breaks for her.

"Well, he's had a bit of a rough week." I try to explain, walking over to her and engulfing her in a hug. She a little taken back but hugs me back almost immediately.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it." She sighs, releasing me. "Yeah, um Okay, uh... Be careful tonight." She eyes us wearily. Why must every adult tell us to be careful? Oh My God.

"You, too."

"Full moon."

"What?" I snap my head back and stare at her with wide eyes.

"There's a full moon tonight. You should see how the E.R. gets. Brings out all the nut jobs." She laughs, pulling out her car keys from her bottomless pit of a purse. Somehow she lost my pet hamster in there when I was twelve.

"Oh. Yeah. Right." Stiles and I agree awkwardly.

"You know, it's, um, actually where they came up with the word "lunatic."." She explains, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek before walking out. Stiles and I quickly walk upstairs and I toss my stuff in my room before we walk into Scott's room. The lights are off and he's not home yet, so I flick the lights on and Stiles tosses the bag on the floor before we look up to find Scott sitting on the chair beside his bed, like how Derek was a couple of weeks ago, scaring the crap out of Stiles and I.