Chapter 19: Girls' Night

I've literally spent the entire day in my room, not talking to anyone but Lydia and Stiles. After last night I couldn't decide if I still trusted Allison after seeing what her family did to Derek's. I mean it's not like he's the most loving and fun to be around but what kind of sick, twisted psycho would murder eleven innocent people and not give a shit about it?!

"Spencie please come out!" Lydia begs through the phone. "We haven't had a girls' night in like forever pleaseeeeee."

"Fine." I huff giving into her whining after twenty minutes. She squeals like a little girl and I remove the phone from my ear, trying to protect my ear drum.

"Good cause I'm already here." She laughs and a honk from outside follows.

"Spencer, Lydia's here!" Mom calls from the living room.

"You already knew I was gonna say yes, didn't you?" I laugh as I stand up and pull my toms on.

"I'm your best friend, you could never say no to me." Lydia laughs.

"Oh whatever." I laugh and hang up the phone as I step out, down the front porch and walk towards her car. There's another person in the front seat and I assume its Allison, since it is a 'girls' night' after all. I hesitate to open the door but I decide otherwise. I open the door and climb into the backseat.

"Hey Spencer." Jackson smiles and I groan loudly.

"Lydiaaa." I whine as she drives off. "This isn't a girls' night, this is a 'me being a third wheel' night!" I exclaim as she drives through the city.

"I'm sorry." She laughs as she pulls in front of the video store. "But you two get along so well so what's the big deal?" She questions and I roll my eyes.

"We get along but I'm practically being forced to third wheel." I scuff.

"Details details." Lydia waves her hand as the car comes to a stop. "Now go inside and grab The Notebook, Jackson."

"Lydia can we please watch something else?!" Jackson and I beg.

"We've literally seen The Notebook fifty times." Jackson adds. "What about... Hoosiers. It is not only the best basketball movie ever. It is the best sports movie ever made."

"No." Lydia states.

"It's got Gene Hackman and Dennis Hopper."

"No." She answers and I laugh at Jackson's attempt to change her mind. This might actually not be that bad.

"Lydia, I swear to God you're gonna like it."

"No."

"I am not watching The Notebook again!" He shouts. Lydia looks over at him and he opens his door and climbs out, mumbling to himself as we burst out laughing.

"Every time we watch The Notebook you two end up making out for hours while I awkwardly attempt to watch the magic of Noah and Allie." I pout.

"That happened like twice!" Lydia laughs.

"It still happened!" I tell her. "Okay, I'll tell you what. If you guys kiss for more than fifteen seconds tonight, you have to buy me a new dress for the winter formal." I state.

"Deal." She says holding her hand out, grabbing it in a tight shake. "Now go inside and make sure he buys the right movie."

"Would a 'please' kill you?" I joke as I climb out of the car.

"PLEASE SPENCER!" She fake begs. I roll my eyes and walk into the store searching for Jackson.

"Can somebody help me find The Notebook?" He calls out from one of the rows. I walk up to him and tap his shoulder, causing him to scream. "Never tell anyone what just happened." He glares at me. I cross my finger behind my back and nod my head. We begin walking through the store and before I notice it's completely empty, no one in sight.