Beard Destiny

"Luke don't!" Calum whined, fingers pressed against Luke's mouth to push the younger man away.

Blue eyes smirked at him. "What? Am I not allowed to kiss you anymore?"
"No." Calum pouted, still feeling the uncomfortable burn of Luke's six-day old stubble against his cheek. This jerk's beard had come in particularly full this time around and Luke had been crowing about it for days, refusing to shave no matter how many times Calum hinted he wanted it gone.

"Why?"

Luke's expression was entirely too amused for Calum's liking, especially combined with how those large knuckles grazed over the delicate smoothness of his own cheek. He had the distinct impression this big blond bimbo knew exactly what he was doing. And he'd be damned before he played into Luke's hand by becoming all flustered and nervous.

"Why would anyone want to kiss you, Lucas?" He countered, brows furrowed. "It's like kissing a cactus!"

Luke's mouth stretched into a wry
smile as he nodded agreeably. "Can't say I blame you. I'd rather kiss someone soft and sweet myself." Appreciative blue eyes followed his thumb as he traced it over the curve of Calum's defiant pout.

Ordinarily, Calum might've blushed and tried to look away, as he often did when Luke flirted with him. But right now, he bristled. So what if he couldn't grow a full-beard like goddamn Luke Hemmings? Or even grow a few hairs... That didn't make him 'soft' or 'sweet'!
Bringing two hands up to Luke's chest, he shoved hard, and gloated as he managed to send the big jerk careening into the opposite wall. Hah! He'd like to see Luke try to call him 'soft' now!
"You're not kissing me, cactus-boy," he sing-songed, sauntering off towards the kitchen.
-
Calum absentmindedly headed back towards his bedroom, too caught up scrolling through some porn-star's breast pictures to notice when an arm materialized out of nowhere, wrapped itself around his waist, and pulled him tight against that all-too-familiar, hard chest.

"Luca-," he started to whine, then stopped as he raised his face up and got a clear view of Luke's clean face. This jerk had shaved?! But he'd been so proud of his beard...

Luke's smile was teasing. "So... am I allowed to kiss you now?" He asked flirtatiously, lifting one of Calum's hand to his own cheek.

Calum trailed blunt fingers over the smooth skin, feeling tiny knicks and grooves the razor had left behind. He bit into his bottom lip and stared up at the younger man through dark lashes.
"Yeah, okay." He answered softly, then smirked at Luke. "But only until your 5 o'clock shadow comes in. So you better make it fast, cactus-boy."

Luke didn't waste anymore time.

+++++

qotd: favorite color and why (because I'm a basic bitch)

aotd: teal because it's fücking gorgeous