All Eyes On You (E)

Credit: flameretardant123

So just incase you didn't read the intro (because let's be real who actually reads the intros? Ik I don't I always skip over them) the (E) means explicit which means there will be smut. If you're uncomfortable with that feel free to skip over this one. Ok, have fun haha

+++++

As soon as I step onto the football pitch, my head clears, my eyes lift, and I'm calm. It's why I love to be a starter not a sub, not dragged on in the middle of the battle, but there for the whole bloody affair.

It was the biggest match of the season, and as I took up my usual midfield position, I adjusted the yellow captain's armband on my bicep. I knew we could do this. My team knew we could do this: my pep talk earlier raised their spirits.

A hush descended across the spectators and I focused my attention to the boy opposite me. Everyone knew him, Calum Hood, bound to be signed to one of the big English Premier League teams next season. Aka the captain for the opposition.

I set my head back up towards the stands as we sung the national anthem, some lips barely moving, embarrassed, but not me. I sang with pride. I'd come so far this past year.

After shaking hands with everyone, we finally set up into our formation. I wriggled my foot and my hand before standing up opposite the ball.

I looked at the ref, who finally blew the whistle. The game had begun. I dribbled the ball around, passing it to James, my best defender, who passed it away, and away. I could barely keep the smirk off my face when the first goal went in, and certainly not when the whistle blew for half time and we were 4-0 up.

I headed to the sideline. Calum was phenomenal but wasn't supported by a good team, meaning all we had to do to keep our lead was keep the ball away from him. Easy enough.

"Come on boys, we played so well," I cheered. "We just need to stop them from bringing this back now. Focus on defence."

Our team clapped each other on the back, and even our hawk faced Coach couldn't keep the happiness from him.

"Very well played Luke," he congratulated, which from him was the best compliment I'd heard.

I smiled and waved towards the sidelines at the crowd, who cheered in response. Little things to keep the people happy. It was like I was a rock star or something, the crowd was deafening.

The whistle blew again, signalling the end of half time. We all sprinted back onto the pitch, and prepared for kick off.

I ran past Calum, who was still talking to his coach.

"Don't be afraid to play dirty with Luke, take out their strongest man, the big clubs like it," I overheard the coach say.

I didn't hear Calum's reply, because I had ran past already, but I saw his knitted brow, and decided to try and steer clear of him. The last thing I needed was an injury to end my fledgling career before it even took off.

Calum took the kick, and I wasn't there to tackle him. I was trying to avoid him. So he easily skirted around me, and made a shot towards the goal. Of course it went in. It was Calum Hood.

After the second time that happened, Coach pulled me over to the sideline.

"What the hell are you playing at? Are you scared of him or something?" he asked incredulously.

"No sir," I replied.

"Well sharpen up. You were doing so well."

"Yes sir!" I turned away from him, and ran back to mark up against Calum. He dribbled the ball in front of him, and after a worried glance at the sideline at the expectant coach, I ran towards the ball.