I Can Read You Like My Favorite Book (E)

Credit: fivesecondsofmae

So this was originally lashton...

I got desperate okay? Don't like hate me for changing the ship or anything (cause it'll probably happen more sorry not sorry)

This was so hard for me to edit cause I'm 100% cake so I was like cringing while editing this but I DID IT FOR YOU SO LOVE ME

(Btw all lashton smut is so kinky which is perfect because I'm all about kinky so get ready for kinky cake smut)

+++++

As the bell above the door to the bookshop rang, closing behind the last customer, Calum could feel the smile appear on his face. He loved working at the old bookshop that was a little out of the way of the busiest streets in the city but popular enough that business was doing well. And tonight, that bell announced the end of a long shift and Calum could not wait to grab his car and pick up his boyfriend from work and head back to their apartment.

He turned the notice that hung on the door, showing now a 'closed' sign, and went back to the till to count up, hearing shuffling in the stockroom behind the counter.

"Ashton, your shift's over!" Calum called out to his colleague. The young sandy haired boy had only started a few months ago but they had become good friends already and Calum liked having shifts with him.

The shop belonged to Calum's grandparents but recently Calum had started taking on more responsibility and looking after the business aspects of the place too, but his heart really did lie in the books that surrounded him. And he adored the shop, with its staircase at the back to go upstairs to more books and with a few sofas up there so you could sit and daydream. It was like a tiny slice of heaven in the bustling city and Calum loved being able to provide that for people. Who knew, maybe one day in the future the place would belong to him, but for now, he just loved working there while he studied at the university nearby.

"I finished sorting through the last orders, but there's a couple that still need to be put away, mainly upstairs in the science section." Ashton told him as the boy came out of the small stockroom and walked around the counter, now facing his elder.

"No worries, I'll put them back before I leave." Calum said as his hands still moved over the till and his glasses slipped down his nose a little. He really needed to get them tightened.

"Thanks man." Ashton grinned, happy to be free for the weekend of work and schooling. "Is it ok if I head off? I've got a date tonight."

"Sure thing. Make sure you tell me all about it on Monday, ok?"

Ashton nodded excitedly before practically bounding out of the shop and waving a bye to Cal before disappearing down the street. Calum laughed to himself and headed into the stockroom to find the books that needed putting back when he heard the ding of the door and confusedly stood up to go and tell whoever it was that the shop was shut.

And there he found Luke. Standing gloriously in his work uniform of a smart black button down shirt and skin tight black trousers, his hair unusually flattened because they'd been too busy that morning and had run out of time for Luke to quiff it up.

"What're you doing here?" Calum half laughed, still holding the books under one strong arm.

"Hello to you, too." Luke grinned before leaning over the counter and kissing Cal gently and quickly on the lips.

"Hi" Calum kissed his love again. "But seriously, what are you doing? I thought I was picking you up from work?"

"Boss let me go early, so I thought I'd come get you and treat you to dinner." Luke in all his angelic beauty smiled and Calum pulled him closer and kissed his lips for longer now. He kept his eyes closed even when Luke pulled back, his fingers softly touching Calum's cheek.