Gold Briefs (E)

Credit: im_just_a_sucker_for_bromance

Let's consider this part two of CALUMS (it keeps autocorrecting it to that smh I'm leaving it) birthday whooooo

+++++

"The bar's closed," Michael said to the blonde, who had just seated himself, before turning around and wiping some more glasses.

"Hey, sorry about him, he's just grumpy because he's having to work today," Calum smiled apologetically when he noticed the hurt look on the other boy's face. "Can I get you something? A beer maybe?"

"Yeah, that'll be great. Thanks." He took the beer and immediately took a sip. "I'm Luke, by the way."

"I'm Calum. So, how did you get in? I mean, the club doesn't open for a few more hours."

"Oh... hmm... Macy called us over to talk about a few things."

"Us?" Calum looked at the other boy, who was alone.

"My mate, he's talking to her right now."

"So, your friend is doing the hard part while you're doing the easiest?" Calum laughed to lighten the atmosphere.

"Yeah, you could say that."

"Calum, stop talking and keep these glasses in their places. Stop wasting your time," Michael said loudly.

"Is everything alright here?" another guy asked as he stepped next to Luke.

"Yeah, is everything settled?" Luke turned to look at him.

The guy nodded. "Let's go."

"How much do I owe you for the beer," Luke turned back to Calum and asked.

"Don't worry about that, it's on the house."

"Thanks."

Calum kept his eyes on Luke as the two walked towards the exit and the unnamed guy placed a hand on Luke's lower back to usher him.

"What are you looking at? That's probably his boyfriend," Michael said, the grumpiness apparent in his voice.

"You do that to me all the time and you're not my boyfriend."

"Duh, we're different. We grew up together and we're closer than anyone could ever be."

"Maybe they're like us," Calum shrugged. "Besides, that other guy doesn't look like he's into guys, so..."

"Why are we even talking about them?"

"What's wrong with you today? You've been like this since this morning."

"I'm annoyed and you know it."

"Afternoon ladies, how is my bar looking?" their boss asked as he approached them.

Calum held one of Michael's hand and shook his head, signalling him not to say anything. "Good."

"Any problem?" he asked as he looked back and forth from Calum to Michael.

"Why do we have to be here today? You know we usually have Mondays off."

The middle-aged man smiled. "I only want my best employers here tonight. Any more problems?"

"No, no more problems," Calum replied.

"Good, now, I want this bar to shine," he said as he pressed his palms against the glass surface. "I can spot some dirt over here. Clean it up."

"This is so fücking lame," Michael groaned when the other man left.

"I know," Calum sighed. All they knew was that they had to be at work because their boss, Joseph's daughter, Macy's best friend, Joyce, was getting married and Macy was hosting her bachelorette party there. "Come on," Calum smiled. "Maybe it's not gonna be that bad."