Chapter 29

Harry's POV

"We took things way too fast." She says before I can even open my mouth to give her my long speech. This takes me by surprise and now I don't know what to say.

"I fell for you. I really, really did. But it wasn't even like a real relationship because it was just so fast." She continues and I sit there, still unsure of how to respond.

I finally decide to speak after a few moments of me sitting there silent.

"I agree."

She gives me a strange look so I give her one back. We did take things too fast. I think everybody on the planet knows that. And if we give this a second chance, I want things to be done right.

"But you also hurt me, Harry. You cheated on me." Her words sting and I tense up.

I regret cheating on her more than anything. I know every douche bag that cheats says that, but I genuinely regret it so fucking much.

"I know. And I'm sorry."

She raises her eyebrow at me.

"It's going to take a lot more than 'I'm sorry' for me to forgive you. And even if I forgive you, it doesn't mean that I'll want to be with you again." Her words are laced with attitude and I deserve every bit of it.

"Camilla, I love you, okay? And I know we just said that we rushed things from the start and I know that me sitting here telling you that I love you is the complete opposite of taking things slow, but I fucking love you. Cheating on you was... the absolute worst thing I've ever done and I can promise you it won't ever happen again. But I want a second chance. I want to start over. From the beginning. To start over slow this time. And I don't know if you want that, but I do know that I love you."

I notice a tear roll down her cheek and I instantly start trying to figure out if I said something wrong.

"What's the matter? Did I say something?" I ask as she wipes her face with a napkin.

"Harry, I love you too. But you really did hurt me. A lot. I had to see you come home all ready to fuck another girl. Do you understand how horrible that is?"

Once again, her words sting. I'm not sure how to get her to want to be with me again. I hurt her bad.

"What I did was...the worst thing I've ever done. And the regret of it kills me more and more each second. I don't know if or how you'll ever trust me again, but I won't give up on trying to get there."

She closes her eyes for a moment and lets out a breath. She isn't saying anything in response so we just sit there in silence.

"Okay. Well I think I'm gonna go find Eleanor now and go home." She tells me as she stands up, grabbing her phone.

"What? Why?" I ask like a whiny little boy.

"I'm tired." She casually says and her sudden shift confuses me.

"But what about everything we just talked about?" When I ask this she unlocks her phone and I assume she texts Eleanor.

"I need some time to process everything and think things through."

I want to argue with her and tell her that we need each other, but then I remind myself that we are going to take things slow this time.

Another thing I remember is that I need to earn her back. I need to regain her trust. And in order for that to happen, I'm gonna have to do as she says.

"Okay. Would you like me to walk you out?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"No thank you. I've got it from here." She says to me as she walks away.

I stand there and l watch her disappear through the crowd, knowing that I'm about to do whatever it takes to win her back.

-------------------------------------------
(A/N: I know this is short but it's the first update in over a year. I'm sorry for my absence, I explained most of why I left a few days ago. Once again I am so sorry. I'm back though!! Hope you enjoy. Xoxo Jamie)