Chapter 1

"Camilla Rose Avery" The principal calls and I stand up to go on stage. Graduation day is finally here. After today, I am officially done with high school.

As I make my way up, I turn my head to the crowd and spot my family. My mother, step-father, my father, step-mother, my 3 step-brothers, my sister, my aunt, uncle, 2 little cousins, and my grandmother. I'm honestly surprised that they managed to sit together today and not fight. Even though the divorce happened when I was in 4th grade, they still have grudges against each other and I'm just glad they all kept their mouths shut.

I reach the top of the few stairs that lead up to the stage and I walk over to the principal, vice principal, superintendent, and a few teachers. They all shake my hand and I smile as they hand me my high school diploma.

Once I get back down the stairs and to my seat, they call the next person up. They get through the long list of graduates and the principal says "And here we have your graduating class of 2013!" as we all throw our caps up in the air. I don't bother to find mine off the ground, so I just immediately go over to my family. I'm engulfed by hugs and happy tears. "I can't believe it! My baby is graduated!" My mom says and I roll my eyes but smile anyways. My aunt tells me that I look beautiful and then I get pictures with everyone.

"Congrats!" I hear from behind me and turn around to see my best friend, Savanna. I run and hug her, almost making her fall to the ground.

"As to you!" I say and then let go of her.

"I just can't believe it. 4 years ago we were saving money for this, and now it's actually here. Less than 3 months and we're out of here!" She cheers and I can't help the tear roll down my cheek.

"I'm so excited and scared as hell at the same time! But we'll be fine. We're tough girls!" I say and she smiles.

"Sorry to interrupt, but we have lunch reservations, so we better get going." My mom chimes in and I roll my eyes once again before hugging Savanna.

"I'll text you tonight!" She smiles and I nod.

I just can't believe that it's finally here. After 4 years, the day has finally come. I'm done with high school forever and in about 2 and a half months, I'm going off to college with my best friend. We're leaving Michigan and headed to London. The University of London. I'm studying politics and Savanna is studying fashion. This is so unreal to think that we're going to be living our dreams. Seems like it was just yesterday that her and I discussed this. But no, it was 4 years ago.

(Hello! Hope you liked Chapter 1. I will write longer chapters starting tomorrow. Please vote and/or comment because it lets me know if you guys actually take interest in the story and if I should go on or not. Stay lovely!)