Enough Tears to Water a Rose

Everything was going fine until something happened. I woke up one night covered in blood. I woke the Doctor up, and he immediately carried me into the console room, and took me to a hospital on Earth. I had miscarried. Now I lie in my bed, the bed I was in before I moved in with the Doctor. I have dry tears stained on my face, and I don't want to talk to anyone, not now. It was a baby girl, that we lost. I curl in on myself and bury my face under the blanket. There's a knock on the door "Rose?" The Doctor asks before I hear him enter the room. I don't move from under the blanket. He comes and sits next to me on the bed, a hand resting on my side.
"Look, I know this is very, very hard for you, but it's hard for me too. And if we're gonna get through this...then we need to get through it, together." He says. I start sobbing under the covers.
"Hey, come here." He says soothingly. I sit up out of the covers, and wrap my arms around his neck. He holds me tight. We sit like that for minutes on end, until he finally breaks the silence "We can try again, another time. We have plenty more years." He kisses the top of my head. I nod into his shoulder. His same old jacket smells the same as always, musty and well loved, with a faint smell of apple shampoo wafting from his hair.
"I love you." I whisper.

***

But we don't have plenty of years, not together. Here I stand, on Bad a Wolf bay. The worst day of my life. It all happened so quick, the Daleks and Cyberman invasion back on Earth, it was like WW3. I ended up getting sucked into the void when me and the Doctor had opened it to get rid of the Daleks. Pete, my Dad, from the parallel universe saved me. I cried for hours, days, on end, willing for a miracle to happen, anything, to get get me back to the Doctor. One night, I heard him calling my name, I followed the voice, and now I'm here, for our final goodbye. But there's something I haven't told him. I walk alone across the windswept beach. Dad, Mum and Mickey stay with the Jeep. I look around, and it is then when an image if the Doctor appears.
"Where are you?" I ask.
"Inside the Tardis. There's one tiny little gap in the Universe left, just about to close, and it takes a lot of power to send this projection. I'm in orbit around a super nova. I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye." His words make a tear slip from my cheek.
"You look like a ghost" I breathe.
"Hold on." He uses his sonic screwdriver to solidify the image.
"Can I-" I reach out my hand, just wanting to touch his cheek again, to pull him into a hug and kiss him.
"I'm still just an image. No touch."
"Can't you come through properly?" I ask, my voice wobbling.
"The whole thing would fracture. Two universes would collapse."
"So?" I ask, not really caring about the universes, just about us, and what's happening now.
"Where are we? Where did the gap come out?" He asks.
"We're in Norway."
"Norway. Right."
"About fifty miles out of Burgen. It's called 'Dårlig Ulv Stranden'." I pronounce.
"Dalek?" He asks, confused.
"Dårlig. It's Norwegian for bad. This translates as Bad Wolf Bay," I give a little laugh "How long have we got? " I ask, more tears falling down my cheeks.
"About two minutes" he looks so sad.
"I can't think of what to say!" I lift my palm to my face.
"You've still got Mister Mickey, then?" The a Doctor looks behind me, at the three of them standing by the Jeep.
"There's five of us now. Mum, Dad, Mickey and the baby."
"You're not?..." He says. I'm about to tell him my secret, but I decide against it. He'd be too upset. And it would be to difficult for me to admit the truth.
"No. It's mum. She's three months gone. More Tylers on the way."
"And what about you? Are you.."
"Yeah, I'm back working in the shop." I lie.
"Oh, good for you." He sounds disappointed.
"Shut up. No, I'm not. There's still a Torchwood on this planet. It's open for business. I think I know a thing or two about aliens." Tears fall down my cheeks as my voice cracks.
"Rose Tyler, Defender of the Earth," he smiles at me, before adding "You're dead, officially, back home. So many people died that day and you've gone missing. You're on a list of the dead. Yet here you are, living a life day after day. The one adventure I can never have."
"Am I ever going to see you again?" I say through tears.
"You can't."
"What're you going to do?"
"Oh, I've got the Tardis. Same old life, last of the Time Lords."
"On your own?" I stutter. He nods. "I- I love you." I say, tears quickly escaping.
"Rose, I love you too. And thank you for the best of times, there will never be anyone else, Rose, I promise." Tears fall down his own cheeks now. The Doctor never usually cries.
"Thank you, I've had the most amazing time. And I love you, so, so, much. I promise too Doctor, there will never, ever be anyone else. I love you." I say through sobs. "But Doctor, I need you to promise me something" He nods at me, tears of sadness pouring down his face.
"Never, ever, travel alone, you hear me? Because me and you, we've done so much, and gone so many places, and in still want that for you...but you've got to have someone with you. I don't want the sad and angry man that I first met to return. Find someone. Doctor. Promise me that" I say through ragged breaths. He nods and more tears fall.
"Okay, but never will I love them in the way I love you. That would never happen." He says, "There's something I need to do, we haven't got long," the Doctor bends down on one knee and pulls out a box. He opens it, and inside, a beautiful silver ring with a stone the colour of TARDIS blue lays inside. I gasp, my hand flys to my mouth. It's beautiful. He smiles through tears, "I need to ask you, Rose Tyler, will you-" then he fades away. I fall to the floor of the sandy beach, collapsing in on myself, my hands tightening in my hair. Tears fall and land on my lap. I feel Mum behind me, and she hugs me tightly. He never got to finish his sentence, I never told him about the baby, and worst of all,
I will never see him again.

***

Thank you for all for reading! REALLY SORRY ABOUT THE SAD ENDING :'( I'm really not sure whether to carry on this story and give them both a happy ending they deserve...I really don't know. Please comment if you want me to carry this story on! Don't forget to vote and follow <3
Love you all Tenrose shippers!
~~"Don't worry about the tears, if you cry enough you'll sail a ship."~~
Ella :))