Chapter 33: I'll be back

|Enjoy!|

· · · ·

I sat in the corner of the private jet with my girls while Meek and the Chasers was chillin at the front. They were mad at us for leaving like that, but what was we supposed to do? Just sit there and do nothing about it? Nah that shit don't sit with me.

"Rika do you mind if I stay at yours for a while?" I know Tak and Rika lived together, but she said she kicking his ass out for a while. Apparently me and Meek wasn't the only ones having a screaming match last night ... "Yea sure mami," I side hugged her and went back to my previous position.

"I still can believe how that shit played out.." ... "Yea I know. We was going to Queens to check that lil hoe, help caiah and them niggas and kill Aaron in the process.. but now we on the way back to cold ass philly, while only accomplishing a little of our plan," Thembi said. She was right.

Everything we said we was finna do, we didn't even get near to doing. At least they didn't take us away before saying our goodbyes to Caiah, Jelani and my ol' niggas.

· · · ·

Me and the Chasers over heard everything they was talking about. I was starting to feel real bad for how bad I treated Nicki, but if I hadn't have said anything, or done anything, imagine what type of trouble they would be in.

Deep down I missed Nicki. As much as I wanted to be next to her, hell, even in her, she had to realise that she snuck away without letting any of us know. I'm not saying that she's a child and that she should tell us her every move, but i'm saying that the fact she just took off like that showed me how much she couldn't trust me.

I would've been with her 100, but she must've been afraid that I was gone be totally against her.

This is the woman that I made a life long promise to. The lady who is carrying my first child. She's also my first everything. Before Nicki, it was all things hoes. Seriously. But, I put all of them in the past. I tossed them to the back of my mind. If she told me, then none of this shit would have happened. I'm always down for her. Why on earth would she think otherwise?

Thoughts crowded around my mind.

"Earth to Meek!" Tak yelled, making Meek jump outta LaLa land and back to the real world, "What nigga?!" ... "You was drifting off n shit." Says Pmon, "Whats happening man?" I sighed and looked back at Nicki. It seems as if she missed me too because when I turned around, she was already staring at me.

Our eyes locked for a minute. I studied her face. They wasn't THAT far from us so I could see her clearly. As my eyes roamed Nicki's face, I noticed her eyes were filled with emotion.

Hate.
Anger.
Sadness.

Which made my heart shatter. I hate knowing that she's crying, but to know that I was the cause, it made me feel guilty and pissed off at myself.

She looked at me one last time, then shook her head from side to side, indicating that she's fed up. She scoffed and turned back around, putting her focus on her friends.

I'm the reason.

I need to fix this. Its hard knowing that your the reason for your wife's sadness.

"Man, watchu think they talkin' bout now?" I ask out of curiosity.

Before any of them could answer, we noticed Nicki taking a phone call.

· · · ·

Tyrone was calling me. I instantly picked up as I thought it was something concerning me that had to do with my streets.

"Yo Ty," ... "Hey nic. You good?" This is why Tyrone is like a brother to me. He cares, "Yea i'm straight. But whats happening now? Is that thot still doing dumb shit?" I ask him, "Yea. Nic she fucking up fr." It hurt my heart to know that my streets is in need and I can't be there to fix it how I used to.

"I know ty, but you know I can't come back. How she fucking up again tho?!" ... "She talking bad about your name saying you a "punk" and that you couldn't save your own streets for a pack of sweets."

"Oh hell naw! This bitch gone be dead. Ain't know way in good gods earth is she gonna get away from dis shit with her 1 dollar weave and her silicone ass. Nah that shit don't sit right with me,"

I walked past the boys and went into a more private room.

I was beyond pissed.

"Ahh you ain't changed at all" he was right. I was still that same old Onika from Queens. But now, I was pregnant and married so its different.

"Ty I still can't come back, but I gotta go," I say walking back in.

"Yea, bye nika" ... "Bye ty. Do me a favour and take care of my streets. Once this baby outta me i'ma make a comeback. Just wait on it."

"Haha! Yeah I got it on lockdown." ... "Another thing.."

"Yea?" He says, "Keep yo ass safe and everyone else. You know dem niggas can't keep they ass safe while we gone," he laughed.

"Yeah I will. Bye nic," I said it back and hung up.

I think Meek and the boys heard my whole convo with him because he was looking at me as if he was gonna say some shit.

"Nicki!" He called. I scoffed and turned around.

"What nigga?!" ... "You think I ain't hear that whole convo?" Told ya.

"You was kinda supposed to," I laughed and turned back around, "Nah bring your ass here, I ain't done with you yet." I adjusted my clothes. I was looking scruffy asf.

I was wearing black and blue nike sweats and black nike air force 2's.
My hair was long and curly from the previous day.

"What now?!" ... "Aye drop the attitude," I rolled my eyes. "Whatever." I simply said, "Who the hell is Ty?" ..."Its Tyrone. Fuck you thought he was?" ... "Why were saying that you making a "comeback" after the baby is born?" He asked.

"Those are our streets. We used to run them and we still do. You don't understand that shit tho. They got some silicone donkey out there actin' like she run shit, bad mouthing me and all that. Why wouldn't I make a comeback?" ... "Aight. We get your situation but you pregnant. Once that baby is out, she's first priority" they was right. Maybe my head was in the wrong place.

"Ion know." I say as I walked back to my girls.

~ Back at Meek & Nic's house in Philly ~

"Umm.. Rihmeek?"

· · · ·

My heart jumped when she said that. I love it when she says it. She must have been thinking about something.

"Yes baby," I was still angry at her and she was still angry at me. But we both agreed to put those feelings aside.

"I need to clear my mind. So i'm staying at Rika's for a few days." My heart dropped, "No nic I can't go a few days without you. Don't do this," she moved from her previous spot, revealing an already packed bag. She pecked my lips and exited our house. I punched the wall and a wide hole starred back at me. She said something before the doors closed.

"I'll be back."

______________

This chapter was kinda hard to write. Ion know why tho.

Anyways ya'll know my shit.

Comment.
Vote.
Feedback.
Love.