Season 1: Episode 7 : The Heart is a Lonely Hunter

Azelea checked her hair in the mirror, making sure her the flowers in her hair and her school uniform looked alright before getting her bags and shop key. She stepped out of her apartment and instead of going straight down the stairs she walked to the next door over. Azalea didn't bother knocking, the door was already unlocked for her as she stepped in and immediately went to help Mary with breakfast. Mary smiled, trying to not show how happy she was that Azalea finally felt so comfortable in her home. Azalea spotted one of her bouquet of flowers on the kitchen table, She remembered making that the other day for one of the doctors from the hospital...why was it here? Realization struck Azalea as Emma walked down the stairs and rolled her eyes when they landed on the flowers. "If Gram thinks that flowers are going to be enough of an apology he is wrong." She said marching over and picking them up. "Oh wait-what are you doing?" Mary asked, as Emma threw them into the trash can. Azalea couldn't help but feel a bit hurt for her flowers as Mary pulled them from the trash, checking over them. "They were for me actually." Mary explained to Emma. "Oh, from who?" Emma asked. "That doctor from the hospital right?" Azalea asked. Mary turned to her. "How did you know?!" She asked, looking embarrassed. "She does own the only flower shop in Storybrooke...." Emma quipped with a smirk. "But are you serious? With the doctor giving you flowers?" Emma asked. "I know it's a disaster!" Mary said putting them back on the table. "No. That's good, your getting over David." Emma said sitting down at the table and looking over the flowers. "First of all there was nothing to get over, and second it was just a one night stand with the doctor." Mary said frowning. Azalea stirred the pancake mix, listening as the two girls gossiped about boys like two high school teenagers. "Not according to those flowers." Emma said. "Yea, maybe I shouldn't have called him." Mary said. "Oh my God, you called him? that is not a one night stand!" Emma said with a grin as Mary looked ashamed. "Well okay I'm still learning. This was my first one....." She said getting the plates out. "It's okay Mary. It's not like it's a bad thing I have one night stands all the time." Emma said. "Yea but your-you." Mary said. "What does that mean?" Emma asked looking a bit offended. Azalea tried to blend into the background as much as she could. It was easy to tell the two were about to have a....not pleasant conversation. "Well Emma, you don't let yourself go past a one night stand. You have this wall that is built up around you and it may keep out the pain of a broken heart, but it keeps everything else out to. Like love, and compassion." Mary said setting everything on the table. Azalea brought the food over as everyone took a seat. "I do not have a wall....I just like being careful." Emma said folding her arms. "And careful is okay to a point, but you have to be able to let yourself be loved. Or you will never have it." Mary said "Why do I feel like this talk should be about Azalea and not me?" Emma asked looking at the teenage girl as she looked up from her plate. "Me?" Azalea asked, pointing to herself in confusion. Both Mary and Emma rolled their eyes at Azalea's confusion. "It's pointed to the both of you, just in different ways." Mary said before everyone started eating. Azalea frowned as she ate, she didn't purposefully block people out of her life...she just did it. Like she felt like she needed to be in hiding. She couldn't explain it. Plus she had a lot on her mind as of late with the strange glowing flowers, Mr.Gold seemingly knowing about it, and with the whole mine thing and finding David, Henry, and Dr.Hopper.