Chapter 4: Start of Something

"I love it when I catch you looking at me and you smile and look away." -Anonymous

***

"Mom! I don't know what to wear. What shall I wear? It's 25 days left before Khael's birthday." I whined.

"I don't even know why you're preparing so much for that party, you have a lot of dresses in your closet." She paused. "Or better go shopping." She suggested.

Gene! I suddenly remembered. She's my best friend. She knows everything about me. I immediately dialed her number in my phone and called her. "Hello Gene."

"Yes, A?"

"I'm meeting Luke on Khael's birthday, Gene. What will I wear?!" I almost shouted.

"Luke? He's back?" She's currently in Manila working as a nurse while taking up a medicine.

"Yes! What will I wear?!"

She sighed. "Just be you, A. And how come that you didn't know what to wear this time?" She asked in a teasing voice. "And, I'll have a week vacation leave. I'll be there on Khael's birthday to make fun of you when you meet Luke." She chuckled. "This will be fun." She added.

"Oh come on! Gene? I need help here." I whined.

She continued laughing. "What to do? You entertain me. Anyway, I have to hung up now, I need to sleep. I'm in a graveyard shift for the whole week. Bye, good luck." She ended the call laughing.

Did I just said that she's my best friend? I take it back.

*

Another months passed, Luke and I eventually became friends. We talk even if it's not in our History class, and I got his number! Cheers for me. I learned more about him, like, he's gorgeous as ever, okay, I knew that from the start. He's a computer geek and a gamer, not a into sports that much but he loves to swim and into car racing, he has a little sister and a baby brother, their names are Laureen she's an elementary and Lucho, a preschool. He likes music as he said when he introduced himself in our first day of class, he's a drummer and he does sings. Plus he has a great voice, I love it whenever he sings for me whenever I ask him.

"I don't really get why Rizal is such a womanizer." I muttered.

"Because girls are awesome, maybe?" Luke grinned at me then continued playing his psp. We are at the library researching for our national hero's life, Dr. Jose Rizal. "Random questions since we're friends now." He said.

I looked at him to object, "Me first." He said before I can even say anything.

"Such a gentleman are you?" Insert a sarcasm.

He just smiled at me, and oh gosh that smile again. "What do you like, in general?"

"I like food, cats, I like reading but not this kind of book, something non-sense I may say, you." I paused. Oh gosh! What did I just said? "I mean, you? What do you like?"

"I like playing drums, music, I do read anything when I am bored and what else, games online, racing, swimming." He told me. "My sister like roses, do you like them too?"

"No, I love sunflowers." I paused. "I actually want to learn how to play guitar but the guitar or any kind music and its instruments aren't for me." I chuckled. "Plus I have a horrible voice!" I laughed.

"Yeah, I heard that you want to learn how to play a guitar before from Jenny." He said. "I don't know how to play that too either." He said.

I smiled at him, "Trying to make me feel better, are you?" I paused. "Hey, I better read this." Pointing the book, he just nodded and resume playing.

I continue reading the book about Dr. Jose Rizal. After some minutes, I noticed that he's not playing anymore since I can't hear him tapping the gadget, so I looked at him. And there I saw that he's staring at me like I'm some kind of entertainment. I blushed. Then he smiled and looked away then continued playing. What the hell was that?

I cleared my throat, "You know, you should be reading the life of Rizal as well." I told him while trying to focused on the book.

I saw that he stopped playing and looked at me then grinned. "I shouldn't be reading that now since I've already read it." Oh yeah right, I forgot, he's a smartass. He knows everything,and when I say everything, everything an intelligent person should know.

"Then why are you spending time here in the library, Mr. Perfect?" I asked. "You can play your psp in our classroom, your friends are there."

He looked straight to my eyes and said, "First, I am not perfect. And second, it's because you are here." Emphasizing the word you. He gave a smile that always melts my heart then he continued playing again like he said nothing. "What reason do you even think it is if it's not you?" He added.

Oh gosh, I am melting.