Chapter 5: Jealousy

"I shouldn't be jealous, you aren't even mine." -Unknown

***

"It's always been him, A. It's always been that Luke for you!" Adam shouted at me after we had our dinner at our apartment.

"You know that's not true." I told him calmly. "I am with you. What kind of proof do you want to know that I do love you." I sighed. I'm tired of this drama, his drama. Between the two of us, it is him who can't get over Luke. I finished washing the dishes and almost run to get inside my room.

"Then why the fuck can't you hate him even if he left you?!" He asked me, still shouting. Him at the living room and me inside the room with the door, locked. I definitely have to apologize to our neighbors tomorrow. "Open the door, I'm talking to you Amethyst!" He keeps on knocking.

"Stop shouting Adam! The neighbors can hear you." I almost screamed because of frustration, almost.

"Then open the goddamn door and we'll talk!" He shouted again.

"No! You might hurt me, I don't want!" I shouted back.

The knocking suddenly stopped. "A, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I won't hurt you A, I'm sorry." He seems calmed down. "Please let me in." He begged.

I sat behind the door, already crying. "No, Adam. Let's just call it a night."

"If it's Luke behind this door, I'm sure you've opened it in a blink." He chuckled.

"He's out of the picture here Adam. Stop using him against me." I hissed.

"Face it, A. You're sticking with me just because you're thinking that I might help you forget him. You've been through some of your past relationships and what's the reason of your break up with them? It's Luke right? I'm just like them for you, someone you will use to forget him. But we both know that you can't. You've always loved him, Amethyst. It's always been him, your first love. " He paused. "Good night, A. And I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Then I heard him walk away from the door.

*

It's the school's week long Foundation Day celebration. Every level prepared for a booth and the school is open for outsiders. Our class prepared for a coffee shop with a movie showing. I was one of the assigned waitress on that day.

"Gene, 1 choco milkshake, 1 latte and 1 bacon wrap sandwich." I told Gene, the assigned barista today.

"Copy!" She said and started doing the sandwich while Claire is preparing the choco milkshake.

"2 lattes for Mr. Cane, please!" Jenny ordered.

"Hey Jenny, where are the others?" I asked her.

"Luke?" She smirked. And yes, the whole class knows that Luke and I have a thing. I don't know what's that thing is yet though. "They are practicing for the battle of the bands on Friday night. They're at the hall."

Then Jenny's phone rung, "Hello?" She answered.

I saw her smirked then pull out her notes and pen and started writing down. "3 chocolate and 2 vanilla milkshakes, and 2 lattes plus 7 3rd year special sandwiches, correct?" She paused. "Be there at 15 to 20 minutes." Then she hung up.

"Woah, too many orders." I said out of amazement, we didn't knew that our coffee shop will be a hit.

She smirked at me, "That was Vince, we'll deliver it at the hall later." She winked and get inside the counter to help to prepare the orders.

Luke was practicing at the hall! "Shine! Can you be alone at the floor for a while? I have to help Jenny, we have a big order." I heard Jenny chuckled.

"No problem, A!" Shine said.

"Thanks." I said while putting on a plastic gloves.

Jenny and I walked towards the hall once we were done in making Vince's orders. "So I guess, you know that Luke ordered for latte, that's why you prepared it?" She chuckled. Luke loves coffee, very much.

I grinned. "Yeah, and I'll give this to him." Showing her the cup of latte and one 3rd year special sandwich.

"Someone's in loooove~" She sang.

"I'm not."

We reached the hall and saw our classmates at the stage, looks like they are waiting for their food. I saw Vince, Brent, Keith and the others but I can't see where Luke is.

"Vince! Come here and help us!" Jenny shouted. Vince and Brent immediately stood up and walked to meet us.

"Thanks, here's the payment Jenny." Vince said, handling her the money.

"Where's Luke?" I asked Brent.

Brent looks like he doesn't want to tell me where Luke is- "I think he went back stage." He finally said.

I looked at him weirdly, "O-kay." I paused. "Latte is what he ordered, right?

"Yeah, got it right girlfriend." Vince joked. Me, being Luke's girlfriend he meant.

I hissed at him, "I'm not." I paused. "I'll just give this to him." Then I walked towards the back stage.

The back stage isn't that big so I saw Luke immediately, kneeling in front of the girl sitting on the chair facing it's back on me and Luke was holding her hands? I blinked twice to make sure, and he's still holding her hands.

"I don't want Amethyst to know this." He paused. "Hey please, stop that..." Luke said with a soothing voice.

I think I've seen enough so I cleared my throat to get their attention. Luke's eyes widen when he saw me and he immediately pull back his hands from the girl's hand as if it was electrifying or whatever. "Amethyst." He said.

"Hey, I hope I didn't disturbed anything." I tried to make my voice normal but I feel like I'm choking. What the hell did I ate earlier? "And Oh, here's your latte and sandwich." I paused and gave it to him. "Be careful it's hot." Then I almost run out of the back stage and the hall.

"Hey A! Why are you running?" Jenny asked, while running after me.

I slowed down and faced her, "Gene and the others might need our help in the coffee shop. Let's hurry."

"Tell me why are you crying first!" She asked, confusion and worry is written on her face.

"I am?" Then I touched my cheek and felt that there's water. I didn't even noticed that. "Let's just go." I finally said.

She hold my hand and stopped me from walking. "Tell me what you saw at the back stage." Her eye full of determination to know what's wrong. She walked towards the garden and pulled me, then she made me sit to one of the benches there.

"Spit it out." She said.

My eyes never left the grass trying to avoid her gaze at me. "Luke was there, at the back stage." Gosh, I'm choking. "He was talking with a girl and it looks like she matters to him, maybe his girlfriend or something." Don't cry Amethyst, I can't cry. "I also heard him told her that he doesn't want me to know."

"And then?"

"Then I showed up and gave him his food and ran." I'm already crying for no reason. I mean, I shouldn't be reacting this way, I am not his girlfriend. I am just his friend, I should be happy for him. I am just... Oh God, am I jealous?

"You didn't gave him a chance to explain, why did you ran away? It might just a misconception." Jenny said.

"He has nothing to explain to me." I said and stood up. "Let's go."