Chapter 6: Hide and Seek

"I acted like it wasn't a big deal deal, when really it was breaking my heart." -Anonymous

***

"Hello?" Jordine said when she answered my call.

"Jordie! I don't think I can go to Khael's birthday." I don't know, I think I can't meet Luke, not now not ever again. My nervousness is killing me.

'What? Why?" She asked. "You have to be there! I want you there!" She demanded.

"But Jordie..." I sighed.

"Give me three valid reasons." She demanded.

I do not have any valid reasons at all! I wanted to shout. "I don't know, I don't feel like socializing and all, I guess?"

"For goodness sake, A. They are just our batch mates!" She paused. "Oh. Don't tell me it's because of Luke?" Her voice is full of suspicion.

Exactly! "No, of course not. No." I denied.

I heard her chuckled. "Hiding won't help. You're going whether you like it or not. Bye." She hung up.

*

"Hey Amethyst. -Luke" Message deleted.

"Jenny told me you were ill, I hope you could get better on Friday so you can watch the band perform. -Luke" Message deleted.

"Amethyst, please be well. Reply my messages when you're up. I know it's kinda late now. Good night. -Luke" Delete message? No.

Sigh. I was home for two days. I faked my illness and my grandma believed me, if it was my momwith me, I'm sure she'll force me to go to school. Tomorrow is Friday, I don't even know if I'll go to school or not. Maybe I 'll just go on Monday. I groaned at the thought of seeing Luke, how will I act normal around him when he saw how I freaked out at the back stage last Tuesday? He will just think I'm creepy or something. If he thinks I'm creepy then why is he messaging me? Maybe it's just nothing for him.

I heard a gentle knock on my door. "A, I made a soup. Do you want some dear?" My grandma said.

"I'll just get some in the kitchen Nana." I said.

My phone rings, I'm thinking that it was Gene or Jenny who's calling but I was wrong.

Luke calling...

"Why the fudge is he calling?" I muttered. My heart is beating wildly, I don't know what to do. Am I going to answer it or not?

"H-Hello?" I finally picked it up.

"Hey, Amethyst. You're up. Did I disturbed you?" Luke asked.

Gosh, my heart beats to fast. "N-no." I stuttered. "Why are you calling?"

"I was worried when Jenny told me that you we're ill." He sounded so concerned. Of course he is, you're his friend idiot! "Amethyst..."

"Yeah?"

"Will you be back at school tomorrow?"

"Yes, I guess I'm okay by tomorrow."

"We'll talk about what you saw after the battle of the bands, okay?" He paused. "We'll that's if you still want to talk to me, I guess?"

"I can't stay long at school. That program will end approximately around 11, the cab is until 9:00PM." I said.

"I'll drop you home then, please let's talk?"

"Alright, alright."

"That settles it, see you tomorrow Amethyst. Have a good rest." He sounded happy.

"Right, bye. Good night, Luke."

"And Amethyst?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't think that you can hide from me." He chuckled. "I missed you, you know." Then the line went dead.